Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 03/18/2014 -- Latin American Bioinformatics Market by Sector (Agriculture, Molecular Medicine, Research & Animal), Segment (Sequencing Platforms, Knowledge Management Tools & Data Analysis Services) & Application (Genomics, Proteomics & Drug Design) - Forecasts to 2017
Bioinformatics is an integration of informatics and life sciences. It uses information technology, statistics, and algorithms for storing, retrieving, and analyzing biological data that is generated during life sciences research.
In Latin America, bioinformatics is now widely recognized as a crucial field for research and development in agricultural, veterinary, and human health sciences. Latin America comprises Brazil, Peru, Mexico, Chile, and the rest of the Latin American countries, and forms a significant portion of the Rest of World bioinformatics market. Brazil and Mexico command the largest share of the bioinformatics market in Latin America. This large share can be attributed to a high concentration of bioinformatics research institutes, ongoing conferences and seminars, and growing multidisciplinary approaches towards skills development and training in bioinformatics. On the other hand, Chile and Peru are the fastest-growing markets for bioinformatics in Latin America. This is primarily attributed to the initiatives taken by these nations with regards to skills development of researchers as well as the ongoing academic collaborations to facilitate the adoption of bioinformatics in life sciences research.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Bioinformatics allows the understanding of biological phenomena through the applications of statistics and computer science. Today, bioinformatics has become an integral part of life science applications. Use of various bioinformatics tools in biological research allows storage, retrieval, analysis, annotation, and visualization of results. The major sectors that use bioinformatics technologies include medicine, agriculture, environment, animal forensic biotechnology, academics, and others (includes homeland security and defense, law-enforcement groups, bioweapon creation, and evolutionary biotechnology).The agriculture sector commanded a major share owing to the increasing use of bioinformatics in the study of crops (mainly sugarcane and oranges) sequences to improve their yield and quality. However, the medical segment is the fastest-growing sector owing to the increasing R&D spending by pharmaceutical companies towards the development of new drugs.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Healthcare research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Bioinformatics Market By Sector (Molecular Medicine, Agriculture, Research & Forensic), Segment (Sequencing Platforms, Knowledge Management Tools & Data Analysis Services) & Application (Genomics, Proteomics & Drug Design) - Global Forecasts to 2017
- North America Weight Loss/Obesity Management Market - [Meal Replacements, Slimming Centers, Nutrition & Psychological Consultancy, Treadmill, Ellipticals, Strength Training, Gastric Bypass, Intragastric Balloon System, StomaphyX] - Forecasts to 2017
- North American Healthcare IT Market - Forecasts to 2017
- The Global Earthmoving Equipment Market: Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Global Construction Aggregates Market - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Global Concrete and Cement Market - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Global Other Specialist Retailers Market Size and Forecast to 2017
- Global Hypermarkets, Supermarkets and Hard-Discounters Market Size and Forecast to 2017
- Global Value, Variety Stores and General Merchandise Retailers Market Size and Forecast to 2017
- Global Cash and Carries and Warehouse clubs Market Size and Forecast to 2017