Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 07/07/2014 -- Qatar's two telecoms service providers, Ooredoo and Vodafone Qatar will see strong subscriptions and revenue growth in the telecoms market over the medium term on the back of the construction boom in the country. This trend, along with limited price competition in the telecoms market, will support operators' ARPUs and profitability despite the increasing saturation in the voice and data segments. Meanwhile, the increase in competition in Qatar's 4G market following Vodafone's 4G launch will stimulate aggressive network expansion and service pricing strategies by the country's service providers. This development, along with the proliferation of affordable smartphones, will drive mobile data subscriptions in the country, leading us to upgrade our five-year 3G/4G subscriptions growth forecast ending in 2018.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
- The mobile market grew 15.7% year-on-year (y-o-y) and 3.1% q-o-q in Q114.
- Market weighted average ARPU depreciated by 5.2% y-o-y in Q114.
- The fixed-line market grew by 6% in Q114.
Qatar remained in third position on our RRR table this quarter, despite a 0.4-point increase in its aggregate score to 60.2. The increase was largely attributable to stronger-than-expected subscriptions growth in the latter part of 2013 and early 2014. Qatar still scores above the regional average in all four categories of our ratings table, including the second highest score in the Country Risks category after Saudi Arabia, which reflects a strong private consumption growth outlook.
Qatar's telecoms market is benefitting from the boom in the country's construction sector as evidenced by financial and operational results published by the country's telecoms service providers. The Qatari construction market is buoyed by numerous large-scale infrastructure projects for the 2022 FIFA World Cup. According to BMI's Infrastructure Key Projects Database, there are USD75bn worth of projects currently under...
The Qatar Telecommunications Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s independent industry forecasts on the future strength of Qatar's ICT market, covering the fixed-line, mobile and internet segments and analyses latest regulatory developments and corporate news, including investment activity, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and partnerships. Leading operators and manufacturers are fully profiled, highlighting their quarterly financial performance, capital expenditure plans and latest contracts.
BMI's Qatar Telecommunications Report provides industry professionals and researchers, operators, equipment suppliers and vendors, corporate and financial services analysts and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the telecoms industry in Qatar.
- Benchmark BMI's independent telecoms industry forecasts for Qatar to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the Qatari telecoms market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in Qatar's telecoms sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in Qatar.
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. SWOTs, KPIs and latest activity).
BMI Industry View
Summary of BMI's key industry forecasts and views, covering the ICT, fixed-line, mobile (including 3G), internet and broadband markets.
Industry SWOT Analysis
Analysis of the major Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats within the wireline and wireless sectors and within the broader political, economic and business environment.
Business Environment Ratings
BMI's Telecommunications Business Environment Ratings provides a country-comparative Risk-Reward Ratings index aimed at investors (vendors, operators and suppliers) in the regional telecoms market.
The ratings methodology makes sophisticated use of more than 40 industry, economic and demographic data points.
BMI Industry Forecast Scenario
Historic data series and forecasts to end-2018 for all key industry indicators (see list below) supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key downside risks to the main forecast.
- Fixed-Line Telephony - Telephone lines ('000); telephone lines/100 inhabitants.
- Cellular Telephony - Mobile phone subscribers ('000); mobile phone subscribers/100 inhabitants; mobile phone subscribers/100 fixed line subscribers.
- Internet Markets - Internet users ('000); internet users/100 inhabitants; broadband internet subscribers ('000); broadband internet subscribers/100 inhabitants.
Market Data Analysis
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Fixed Networks research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Peru Telecommunications Report Q3 2014
- China Telecommunications Report Q3 2014
- Croatia Telecommunications Report Q3 2014
- Tanzania Telecommunications Report Q3 2014
- West & Central Africa Telecommunications Report Q3 2014
- Greece Telecommunications Report Q3 2014
- Japan Telecommunications Report Q3 2014
- Belgium Telecommunications Report Q3 2014
- Bangladesh Telecommunications Report Q3 2014
- Hong Kong Telecommunications Report Q3 2014