Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 05/12/2014 -- Other than in Libya, which continues to feel the effects of the 2011 civil war, there is strong competition in North Africa's mobile markets. While there remains growth potential across North Africa's mobile markets, BMI believes increased liberalisation, in some cases, and investment in fixed and mobile broadband markets will drive growth in that segment. Morocco's regulator plans to impose fixed infrastructure sharing regulation, Algerie Télécom has announced plans to launch fixed wireless 4G LTE in H114 to compete with mobile operators' 3G services and Tunisie Télécom awarded Alcatel-Lucent a contract to improve access speeds over its copper cable network. Meanwhile, Libya recruited the ITU's help to build up its ICT sector, including setting up a regulatory framework, which may speed up the licensing process for a planned third operator. With most markets set to reach mobile saturation within our forecast period, BMI believes the broadband market will provide important long term opportunities for subscriptions and revenue growth.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Fixed Networks research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- South Africa Telecommunications Report Q2 2014
- West & Central Africa Telecommunications Report Q2 2014
- Southern Africa Telecommunications Report Q2 2014
- Jordan Telecommunications Report Q2 2014
- Nigeria Telecommunications Report Q2 2014
- Saudi Arabia Telecommunications Report Q2 2014
- Kenya Telecommunications Report Q2 2014
- Kazakhstan and Central Asia Telecommunications Report Q2 2014
- Tanzania Telecommunications Report Q2 2014
- Ghana Telecommunications Report Q2 2014