Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 06/09/2014 -- Romania's non-life segment is the largest in the country's insurance industry and accounted for 74.2% of the gross written premium in 2012. The country's non-life segment was adversely impacted by the global financial crisis of 2008. This adversely affected the demand for non-life insurance products from companies, several of which closed down. The motor insurance category, particularly the motor hull sub-category, was also adversely affected by a reduction in bank lending and therefore the weakened capacity of Romanians to purchase cars.
- The Romanian non-life segment accounted for 74.2% of the gross written premium registered by the insurance industry in 2012.
- Despite Romania's falling property prices during the review period, the property insurance category registered an increase in gross written premium until 2011.
- The motor insurance category, particularly the motor hull sub-category, was also adversely affected by a reduction in bank lending and therefore the weakened capacity of Romanians to purchase cars.
- The property insurance category will also benefit from the industrial recovery.
- The non-life segment is highly concentrated, with the 10 leading insurers accounting for a combined share of 89.8% in 2012.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the non-life insurance segment in Romania:
- It provides historical values for Romania's non-life insurance segment for the report's 2008-2012 review period and projected figures for the 2012-2017 forecast period.
- It offers a detailed analysis of the key categories in Romania's non-life insurance segment, along with market forecasts until 2017.
- It covers an exhaustive list of parameters, including written premium, incurred loss, loss ratio, commissions and expenses, combined ratio, frauds and crimes, total assets, total investment income and retentions.
- It analyses the various distribution channels for non-life insurance products in Romania.
- Using Porter's industry-standard "Five Forces" analysis, it details the competitive landscape in Romania for the non-life insurance segment.
- It provides a detailed analysis of the reinsurance segment in Romania and its growth prospects.
- It profiles the top non-life insurance companies in Romania and outlines the key regulations affecting them.
Reasons to Get this Report
- Make strategic business decisions using in depth historic and forecast market data related to the Romanian non-life insurance segment and each category within it
- Understand the demand-side dynamics, key market trends and growth opportunities within the Romanian non-life insurance segment
- Assess the competitive dynamics in the non-life insurance segment, along with the reinsurance segment
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Astra SA, Allianz-Tiriac Asigur?ri SA, Omniasig VIG, Groupama Asigur?ri SA, Asirom Vienna Insurance Group SA, Uniqa Asigur?ri SA, Euroins Romania Asigurare Reasigurare SA, Generali Asigur?ri SA, City Insurance SA, Carpatica Asig SA
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Insurance research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Life Insurance in Russia, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Life Insurance in Austria, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017: The Austrian life segment's written premium fell from EUR7.4 billion in 2008 to EUR6.5 billion in 2012.
- Non-Life Insurance in Austria, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017: The Austrian non-life segments written premium value grew from EUR6.5 billion in 2008 to EUR7.1 billion in 2012.
- Personal Accident and Health Insurance in Thailand, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Life Insurance in South Africa, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Life Insurance in China, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Life Insurance in India, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Non-Life Insurance in Canada, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Non-Life Insurance in China, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Non-Life Insurance in India, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017