Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 03/07/2014 -- Protein Crystallization & Crystallography Market by Technology (Ion-Exchange Chromatography, HPLC, Gel-Electrophoresis, NMR, X-Ray Crystallography), Products (Reagents & Instruments) & End-Users (Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Companies) -Forecast to 2018
Increase in Government-funded Research and Continued Funding by the PSI Ensure Continued Development of New Technologies
Protein crystallization & crystallography are techniques that are used very frequently by researchers to understand the three-dimensional structure of a protein. The market for protein crystallization & crystallography is expected to grow at a high rate owing to its huge potential in drug discovery and development.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
This research report categorizes the protein crystallization & crystallography market on the basis of technologies (protein purification, protein crystallization, protein crystal mounting, and protein crystallography), products (analyzers and reagents), and end users (pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government institutes, and academic institutions). On the basis of technology, the protein crystallization segment accounted for the largest share-47%-of the market in 2013. The growing need to identify new ligands for the drug discovery process and the rising popularity of structure-based/rational drug design are factors that present opportunities for the protein crystallization & crystallography market. The large numbers of ongoing research projects involving protein crystallization, and the increased variety of reagents and analytical techniques employed are are also major drivers for the protein crystallography reagents market. However, low customer loyalty and company-specific reagents are factors that restrict the growth of this market.
Geographically, North America commanded the largest market share of the protein crystallization & crystallography market, followed by Europe. The availability of government and private funds, technological advancements, and growing research in the field of structure-based drug design are factors that are driving the market in these regions. However, the economic downturn and cuts in healthcare budgets are hampering the growth of the market. Countries like China and India will be the major contributors of growth for this market. Increasing investments by leading companies in these immature markets, and increase in research and development activities in these regions are driving the growth.
The deviations and overlap of revenues between the various segments of technology and products in number of sources were the major challenges faced while estimating the market size. They were overcome by the validating the data by a large number of industry experts and key opinion leaders.
Companies Mentioned in this Report: AGILENT TECHNOLOGIES, ANTON PAAR, BRUKER CORPORATION, DANAHER CORPORATION, GE HEALTHCARE LIFE SCIENCES, HAMPTON RESEARCH, JENA BIOSCIENCE, LIFE TECHNOLOGIES CORPORATION, MITEGEN, MOLECULAR DIMENSIONS, PERKINELMER, INC, QIAGEN, RIGAKU CORPORATION, THERMO FISHER SCIENTIFIC, TECAN, OTHERS
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Biotechnology research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Biosimilars Market - Global Forecast to 2018
- Seasonal Influenza Vaccine Market in Asia-Pacific to 2018 - Positive Impact of Government Support Offset by Limited Production Capacity, High Investment and Strict Regulations as Barriers to New Entrants
- Packaged Food in the US
- Business Process as A Service (BPaaS) Market & Cloud BPM Market By Process Outsourcing (Sales, Finance and Accounting, Human Resources, Marketing, Operations) - Global Advancements, Opportunity Roadmaps, Market Forecast and Analysis (2013 - 2018)
- Green Coatings Market - Global Trends & Forecast to 2018
- Context-Aware Computing (CAC) Market - Global Advancements, Emerging Applications, Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2013 - 2018)
- Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) Market [Smart Meters; Communications; Energy Management Devices; Meter Data Management (MDM); Meter Communication Infrastructure (MCI); Security; Analytics]: Worldwide Market Forecasts and Analysis (2013 - 2018)
- Mobile Money: Mobile Payments, Mobile Remittance, Mobile Banking & Mobile Commerce Market - Advanced Technologies, Value Chain, Worldwide Market Forecasts & Analysis (2013 - 2018)
- Energy Security Market by Power Plants (Nuclear, Thermal And Hydro, Oil And Gas And Renewable Energy), By Technologies (Physical, Network Security), Professional Services - Global Advancements, Forecasts & Analysis (2013 - 2018)
- Predictive Analytics Market [(Fraud, Risk, Marketing, Operations), Verticals (BFSI, Healthcare, Environment, Government Retail, Energy, Manufacturing, Transportation, Travel, Telecom, Sports)]: Worldwide Market Forecasts and Analysis (2013 - 2018)