Fast Market Research

Now Available: Reinsurance in the UK, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018

Recently published research from Timetric, "Reinsurance in the UK, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018", is now available at Fast Market Research

 

Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 08/01/2014 -- The UK reinsurance segment grew at a review-period (2009-2013) compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 0.7%. The treaty reinsurance category accounted for 55.0% of the total reinsurance written premium in 2013, followed by the facultative reinsurance category with the remaining 45.0%.

Growth in the segment was mainly due to the changes in the regulator, government-sponsored infrastructure projects, and a rise in insurance frauds and claims, as more insurers are expected to take up reinsurance to cover claims. Growth was supported by the reinsurance ceded for large infrastructure projects and natural disaster protection. The segment's written premium value is subsequently projected to post a forecast-period (2013-2018) CAGR of 1.1%.

Report Highlights

- The UK's reinsurance segment grew at a review-period CAGR of 0.7%.

- The country's insurance industry is the largest in Europe and the third-largest in the world, accounting 6.3% of the global gross written premium in 2012.

- Growth in the reinsurance segment was mainly due to changes in the regulator, government-sponsored infrastructure projects, and a rise in insurance frauds and claims.

- The UK reinsurance segment is one of the most developed and fastest-recovering segments in Europe.

View Full Report Details and Table of Contents

Report Scope
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the reinsurance segment in the UK:

- It provides historical values for the UK's reinsurance segment for the report's 2009-2013 review period and forecast figures for the 2013-2018 forecast period

- It offers a detailed analysis of the key sub-segments in the UK's reinsurance segment, along with market forecasts until 2018

- It provides a detailed analysis of the reinsurance ceded from various direct insurance segments in the UK and its growth prospects

Reasons to Get this Report:

- Make strategic business decisions using in depth historic and forecast market data related to the UK reinsurance segment and each sector within it

- Understand the demand-side dynamics, key market trends and growth opportunities within the UK reinsurance segmen

- Identify the growth opportunities and market dynamics within key product categories

- Gain insights into key regulations governing the UK insurance industry and its impact on companies and the market's future

Companies Mentioned in this Report: Munich Reinsurance Co. (Munich Re), Swiss Reinsurance Company UK Ltd (Swiss Re), Hannover Re Group, Lloyd's, SCOR Global Life Reinsurance UK Ltd, Partner Reinsurance Ltd, Allianz Global Reinsurance

About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence

For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.

Browse all Insurance research reports at Fast Market Research

You may also be interested in these related reports:

- Non-Life Insurance in Indonesia, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018
- Non-Life Insurance in the UK, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018
- Life Insurance in the UK, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018
- Life Insurance in Indonesia, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018
- Non-Life Insurance in Germany, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018
- Life Insurance in Germany, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018
- Personal Accident and Health Insurance in the UK, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018
- Personal Accident and Health Insurance in Indonesia, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018
- Life Insurance in Hungary, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018
- Life Insurance in Turkey, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018