Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 06/19/2014 -- In 2012, the tobacco tax in Denmark was increased significantly, and consequently cigarette prices grew, making smoking an even more expensive habit. This motivated many smokers to try to quit smoking and led to an impressive current value growth rate of 17% for NRT smoking cessation aids. In 2013, consumers gradually got used to the new higher cigarette prices, but nevertheless a strong focus on health continued prompting many smokers to try to quit. Thus, only a minor drop of 1% followed the 2012 boom in NRT sales.
NRT smoking cessation aids was led by McNeil Denmark with value share of 51% in 2013. McNeil was closely followed by Novartis, which held value share of 42%. With their brands Nicorette and Nicotinell, McNeil and Novartis dominated NRT smoking cessations aids for years. Due to the large number of products available and the dense distribution in and outside of pharmacies, Nicorette and Nicotinell are able to benefit from strong consumer awareness. This is part of the explanation why earlier attempts from Niconovum and GlaxoSmithKline to enter did not result in significant shares.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Following the gradual recovery of the Danish economy and renewed media focus on tobacco resulting from the 2014 announcement of the Danish government's official goal to reduce the number of smokers in Denmark by one third over the coming ten years, the forecast for NRT smoking cessation needs has been adjusted upwards since the 2013 edition of Euromonitor International's consumer health research.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the NRT Smoking Cessation Aids industry in Denmark with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the NRT Smoking Cessation Aids industry in Denmark, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Denmark market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Production, imports by origin, exports by destination
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Denmark?
- What are the major brands in Denmark?
- How have tobacco bans affected the sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Healthcare research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Portugal
- NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in South Korea
- NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Norway
- NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in the US
- NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in France
- NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in the United Arab Emirates
- NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in the United Kingdom
- NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in India
- NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Ireland
- NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Ukraine