Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 12/19/2012 -- BMI View: Omani telecoms service providers are committing huge resources to the deployment of next generation fixed and mobile broadband access networks to take advantage of the growth prospect in data services in view of lower margins in the voice market. Meanwhile, the government's drive to extend mobile network coverage to underserved areas could drive subscriber growth in the medium term amid increasing saturation of telecoms services in most urban areas.
- Oman's mobile sector grew by 3.4% q-o-q during Q212, considerably more than average quarterly growth of 2.4% in the previous four quarters.
- Oman's fixed-line market continues to record positive growth despite the widespread use of mobile services. The sector grew 2.5% q-o-q during Q112 (latest data available)
- The broadband sector received a boost with the launch of commercial LTE network services and the government's plan to build a national fibre-optic cable network.
- Average market blended ARPU fee by 11.1% q-o-q in Q212 after remaining flat in 2011 and early 2012.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Oman is in the top half of BMI's Risk/Reward ratings (RRR) table for the Middle East and North Africa in this quarter's update to our telecoms market result. The country retains sixth place, despite a marginal decrease to its aggregate score. Oman scores highly in the Country Risk category due to its positive net external position and relative political stability. However, it scores below the regional average in the Industry Rewards category, partly due to slower subscriber growth because of market saturation.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Fixed Networks research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Central America Telecommunications Report Q4 2012
- Hungary Telecommunications Report Q4 2012
- Japan Telecommunications Report Q4 2012
- France Telecommunications Report Q4 2012
- Australia Telecommunications Report Q4 2012
- Malaysia Telecommunications Report Q4 2012
- Spain Telecommunications Report Q4 2012
- Peru Telecommunications Report Q4 2012
- Kenya Telecommunications Report Q4 2012
- Austria Telecommunications Report Q4 2012