Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 12/06/2012 -- GBI Research, the leading business intelligence provider, has released its latest research, "Ophthalmology Therapeutics Market to 2018 - Dosing Convenience and Cost-effectiveness Continue to Drive Eylea's Prescription Share in Wet Age-Related Macular Degeneration (Wet-AMD)", which provides insights into the global ophthalmology therapeutics market, with forecasts until 2018. The report provides an in-depth analysis of the key therapeutic indications of ophthalmology, namely glaucoma, allergic conjunctivitis, Dry Eye Syndrome (DES), Diabetic Macular Edema (DME), and Wet Age Macular Degeneration (Wet-AMD). The report also examines the ophthalmology therapeutics treatment usage patterns for the covered indications. In addition, the report includes insights into the ophthalmology R&D pipeline.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The report is built using data and information sourced from proprietary databases, primary and secondary research and in-house analysis by GBI Research's team of industry experts.
In 2011, the global ophthalmology therapeutics market was estimated to be around $10 billion, growing at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 7.2% between 2004 and 2011. The glaucoma market was the largest segment followed by Wet-AMD. These segments accounted for 36% and 32% of the global ophthalmology therapeutics market in 2011, respectively. The decline in glaucoma revenue due to significant generic erosion will change the therapeutic landscape until 2018, when glaucoma is expected to account for 23%, a decline of 13% relative to 2011, and the wet-AMD market is expected to account for 37% of the global ophthalmology market, an increase of 5% relative to 2011. The decline in the glaucoma market is expected to be offset by a healthy growth in the wet-AMD, DME, and DES markets. These markets are expected to grow due to the presence of considerable unmet need and increasing treatment-seeking and diagnosis rates.
The top pharmaceutical companies in the ophthalmology market are Pfizer Inc., Allergan Inc., Alcon Inc, Novartis AG., Merck & co. Inc and Roche. Approximately 70% of the market is covered by these six companies.
- The report analyzes treatment usage patterns, market characterization, pipeline analysis, competitive landscape and key M&A trends in the glaucoma, allergic conjunctivitis, DES, DME, and wet-AMD therapeutics market.
- Data and analysis for the global ophthalmology therapeutics market
- Annualized market data for the ophthalmology therapeutics market from 2004 to 2011, with forecasts to 2018
- Key drivers and restraints that have had a significant impact on the market
- The competitive landscape of the global ophthalmology therapeutics market
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Allergan, Inc., Merck & Co Inc, Novartis AG, Pfizer, Roche
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Pharmaceuticals research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Ophthalmology Therapeutics Market to 2017 - Protein Kinase Inhibitors and Prostaglandin H-Synthase Inhibitors to Drive Diabetic Retinopathy Market
- Macular Degeneration Therapeutics - Pipeline Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2018
- Orphan Disease Therapeutics in Genetic Disorders to 2018 - Emerging Agents in Cystic Fibrosis Offer Strong Opportunities for Investment and Licensing Activity
- Wet (Neovascular / Exudative) Macular Degeneration - Pipeline Review, H1 2012
- Macular Edema Therapeutics - Pipeline Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2018
- Arthritis Therapeutics Market to 2018 - Novel Oral JAK Inhibitors and Biologic Disease Modifying Anti-Rheumatic Drugs (DMARD) Will Drive Continued Growth Across Key Indications
- Ophthalmology Drug Futures
- Age Related Macular Degeneration Global Clinical Trials Review, H1, 2012
- Macular Degeneration Global Clinical Trials Review, H1, 2012
- Age Related Macular Degeneration - Pipeline Review, H1 2012