Naperville, IL -- (ReleaseWire) -- 03/28/2014 -- Reportstack, provider of premium market research reports announces the addition of OpportunityAnalyzer: Pancreatic Cancer Opportunity Analysis and Forecasts to 2017 market report to its offering
With five-year survival only approximately 5%, pancreatic cancer is characterized as a disease with some of the highest unmet need in oncology. This report focuses on the current treatment landscape, unmet needs, pipeline and commercial opportunity in the pancreatic cancer market with coverage of both the early stage resectable and advanced settings. Celgene’s Abraxane was launched in the US and Europe in 2013 and 2014, respectively, and was the first drug approved in this disease in nearly a decade. Due to the high unmet need, The publisher forecasts the rapid uptake of Abraxane, and sales of this drug are expected to drive the overall pancreatic cancer market and are forecast to represent greater than 50% of total market sales in 2017. The publisher also forecasts the launch of five new pipeline agents into the pancreatic cancer market. Despite the launch of new agents, The publisher expects significant opportunities to remain for developers of drugs with predictive biomarker-driven strategies. The challenge for new entrants will be to design adequate clinical studies that assess pipeline drugs in carefully selected patient populations and incorporate the current standard-of-care chemotherapies, such as GemAbrax, as backbone regimens. With Big Pharma being actively involved in early-stage innovative projects, The publisher expects clinical development in pancreatic cancer to accelerate at the end of the forecast period and beyond.
- Overview of pancreatic cancer, including epidemiology, etiology, pathophysiology, symptoms, prognosis, and clinical staging.
- Topline pancreatic cancer therapeutics market revenue from 2012–2017. Annual cost of therapy, and major marketed and pipeline drug sales in this forecast period are included.
- Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, unmet needs, R&D strategies, and clinical trial design for the pancreatic cancer therapeutics market.
- Pipeline analysis: comprehensive data split across different phases, emerging novel trends under development, synopses of innovative early-stage projects, and detailed analysis of late-stage pipeline drugs. An interactive clinical and commercial analyzer tool is available.
- Analysis of the current and future market competition in the 6MM pancreatic cancer therapeutics market. Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
Key Questions Answered
- What are the areas of highest unmet need in pancreatic cancer?
- What are the R&D and clinical trial design strategies pursued by companies in the pancreatic cancer space?
- What are the most promising pipeline agents for pancreatic cancer? How do their clinical and commercial attributes compare to one another and the current standard of care?
- What opportunities will remain for future players following the launch of these pipeline agents?
- What is the potential for predictive biomarkers and targeted therapies in the pancreatic cancer setting?
- What exciting, innovative approaches are being investigated in pancreatic cancer?
- The pancreatic cancer market, in the 6MM is forecasted to rapidly increase from $529m in 2012 to $1.63bn in 2017, at a CAGR of 25.2%. This growth is driven by the adoption of premium-priced Abraxane into clinical practice, as well as the launch of five novel pipeline agents towards the end of the forecast period.
- Although the approval of Abraxane has been welcomed by KOLs, they are not satisfied with the overall survival benefit of two months compared with gemcitabine monotherapy, and call for novel, predictive, biomarker-driven targeted therapies in order to substantially extend survival.
- Of the pipeline agents expected to launch during the forecast period, only NewLink Genetics’ immunotherapy algenpantucel-L is being investigated in the early-stage resectable setting. The publisher expects the lack of treatment options for resectable patients to facilitate the rapid uptake of this therapy in the US.
- The early stage pipeline for pancreatic cancer is strong and is indicative of the remaining high commercial opportunities. Strikingly, in comparison with the late-stage pipeline, Big Pharma is playing a much stronger role in the investigation of these strategies.
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the 6MM pancreatic cancer market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the 6MM pancreatic cancer therapeutics market in the future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analysing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
Merck & Co.
NewLink Genetics Corporation
Report at a Glance
- Number of Pages – 181
- Number of Companies Mentioned – 22
- Number of Marketed and Pipeline Drugs Mentioned – 29
- Number of Marketed and Pipeline Drugs with Full Product Profiles – 9 (3 Marketed, 6 Phase III)
- Early-stage Pipeline Products Highlighted – 20 (7 Phase II, 2 Phase I/II, 11 Phase I)
- Markets Covered – US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK (6MM)
To view the table of contents for this market research report please visit