Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 06/17/2014 -- In the longer term, we expect that Pakistan will become an increasingly important investment destination from a demographic point of view, provided political issues are addressed successfully. Pakistan's population is increasing rapidly, with the World Bank projecting it to exceed 200mn by 2022. Urbanisation rates are also increasing, albeit slowly.
Headline Industry Forecasts (local currency):
- 2014 per capita food consumption growth: +10.1% year-on-year (y-o-y); compound annual growth rate (CAGR) between 2013 and 2018: +9.90%.
- 2014 soft drinks volume sales growth: +2.9% y-o-y; CAGR between 2013 and 2018: +3.1%.
- 2014 alcoholic drinks volume sales growth: +2.2% y-o-y; CAGR between 2013 and 2018: +3.8%.
- 2014 mass grocery retail sales growth: +11.9% y-o-y; CAGR between 2013 and 2018: +10.8%.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Key Company Trends
Pakistan's Onion Exporters Expecting Bumper Exports: In October 2013, The Lahore Times reported that Pakistani onion growers were expected to receive massive orders from Indian importers, given the acute shortages of the vegetable in India following storms that devastated many crops there. Some 200,000 metric tonnes of onion are expected to be exported, both to India and to other destinations, including Bangladesh, the United Arab Emirates (UAE) and Malaysia, given that those countries usually rely on imports of onions from India.
The Pakistan Food & Drink Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s market assessment and independent forecasts for food and drink expenditure, consumption, sales, and imports/exports and forecasts for the mass grocery retail sector. The report also includes analyses of major regulatory developments, the background macroeconomic outlook and competitive landscape comparing national and multinational companies by leading products and services, sales, investments, partners and expansion strategies.
BMI's Pakistan Food & Drink Report provides industry professionals and strategists, sector analysts, business investors, trade associations and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the food and drink industry and the mass grocery retail market in Pakistan.
- Benchmark BMI's independent food and drink industry forecasts for Pakistan to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the Pakistani food and drink market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in Pakistan through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments.
- Exploit latest competitive intelligence on your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. SWOTs, KPIs and latest activity) and Competitive Landscape Tables.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Food research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Slovenia Food & Drink Report Q3 2014
- Bahrain Food & Drink Report Q3 2014
- Chile Food & Drink Report Q3 2014
- Germany Food & Drink Report Q3 2014
- Serbia Food & Drink Report Q3 2014
- Brazil Food & Drink Report Q3 2014
- Saudi Arabia Food & Drink Report Q3 2014
- United Arab Emirates Food & Drink Report Q3 2014
- Indonesia Food & Drink Report Q3 2014
- China Food & Drink Report Q3 2014