Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 02/16/2013 -- GlobalData has released its new Country report, "PharmaPoint: Seasonal Influenza Vaccines Japan Drug Forecast and Market Analysis". Seasonal Influenza is a respiratory infection caused by influenza virus that results in mild to severe symptoms, such as fever, cold and cough. The market is heavily driven by the sales of prophylactic vaccine treatments to prevent infection. Currently, trivalent intramuscular vaccines such as Sanofi's Fluzone and Vaxigrip, GlaxoSmithKline's Fluarix and FluLaval and Novartis' Fluvirin garner the majority stake of the market. However, with the entrance of vaccines with novel routes of administration, such as AstraZeneca's intranasal FluMist and Sanofi's Fluzone IntraDermal, GlobalData projects a dramatic shift favoring the adoption of such vaccines over the traditional intramuscular vaccines. GlobalData also anticipates that manufacturers that launch quadrivalent formulations will steal market share, patient share, and revenue from the trivalent influenza vaccines currently available.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The Japanese influenza vaccine market is valued at approximately $702 million in 2012. The projected drivers for growth of the Japanese influenza vaccine market include the entrance of large, multinational firms into the marketplace, a government commitment to educating the populace about the importance of preventative medicine (including vaccination), and growth of the elderly population. GlobalData does not project that intradermal and intranasal vaccines will enter the Japan market during the forecast period, leaving all market dynamics between existing and new intramuscular vaccines.
The Japanese influenza vaccine market differs from its US or European counter parts due the large role that non-commercial entities play in the marketplace. For example, the Chemo-Sero-Therapeutic Research Institute is the market leader. The organization is also referred to as Kaketsuken (abbreviation of its name in Japanese). Kaketsuken's recent completion of a new influenza vaccine plant, which doubled its production capacity, is an embodiment of the resources and commitment to the influenza vaccines that have enabled it to attain its position in the Japanese market.
- Overview of seasonal influenza, including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
- Detailed information on the key drugs in Japan including product description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
- Sales forecast for the top drugs in Japan from 2012 to 2022.
- Analysis of the impact of key events as well the drivers and restraints affecting the Japan seasonal influenza market.
Reasons to Get this Report
- Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely to ensure a robust return
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Pharmaceuticals research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- PharmaPoint: Seasonal Influenza Vaccines United States Drug Forecast and Market Analysis
- PharmaPoint: Seasonal Influenza Vaccines France Drug Forecast and Market Analysis
- PharmaPoint: Seasonal Influenza Vaccines United Kingdom Drug Forecast and Market Analysis
- PharmaPoint: Seasonal Influenza Vaccines Italy Drug Forecast and Market Analysis
- PharmaPoint: Seasonal Influenza Vaccines Spain Drug Forecast and Market Analysis
- PharmaPoint: Seasonal Influenza Vaccines China Drug Forecast and Market Analysis
- PharmaPoint: Seasonal Influenza Vaccines India Drug Forecast and Market Analysis
- Influenza VLP Vaccine (Seasonal Influenza Vaccines) Forecast and Market Analysis
- Seasonal Influenza Vaccines Market in Top Seven Countries to 2018 - Next Generation Quadrivalent Vaccines to Dominate the Market by Offering Broader Protection via Single Dose
- Seasonal Influenza Vaccine Market in Asia-Pacific Region - Cell Culture Technology-Based Vaccines to Revolutionize the Market by Faster Production and High Initial Purity