Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 07/16/2014 -- The past year and a half or so was challenging for the Polish consumer. Following a sustained boom that lasted even through the 2008-2009 period, when nearly all of Europe grinded to a halt, real GDP growth has since slowed significantly. Indeed, Poland was the only European country to escape recession in 2009, and the strength of its private consumption-oriented economy was a key factor. However, circumstances have looked better of late. Real GDP grew 2.7% y-o-y in Q413, affirming that the economic rebound in H213 is gathering momentum.
Headline Industry Data (local currency)
- 2014 per capita food consumption growth = +3.1%; forecast compound annual growth (CAGR) to 2018 = +5.1%.
- 2014 soft drinks sales value growth = +3.8%; forecast CAGR to 2018 = +7.5%.
- 2014mass grocery retail sales growth = +3.9%; forecast CAGR to 2018 = +7.2%.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Key Industry Trends
Foreign Companies Attracted T o Confectionery Opportunities: In October 2013, UK-based private equity group Bridgepoint acquired Poland-based biscuit producer Dr Gerard, a unit of France-based Groupe Poult, to capitalise on the rising demand for sweet products in Poland. The financial details of the transaction had not been disclosed at the time of writing. Bridgepoint expects to take advantage of the relatively fragmented Polish biscuit market.
Risks To Outlook
External Environment Risks: We note that future signs of weak household consumption would have a particularly negative impact on Poland's economic activity prospects relative to other Central and Eastern Europe (CEE)-4 economies. This is because Poland is much more heavily reliant upon household consumption as an engine of growth.
The Poland Food & Drink Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s market assessment and independent forecasts for food and drink expenditure, consumption, sales, and imports/exports and forecasts for the mass grocery retail sector. The report also includes analyses of major regulatory developments, the background macroeconomic outlook and competitive landscape comparing national and multinational companies by leading products and services, sales, investments, partners and expansion strategies.
BMI's Poland Food & Drink Report provides industry professionals and strategists, sector analysts, business investors, trade associations and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the food and drink industry and the mass grocery retail market in Poland.
- Benchmark BMI's independent food and drink industry forecasts for Poland to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the Polish food and drink market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in Poland through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments.
- Exploit latest competitive intelligence on your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. SWOTs, KPIs and latest activity) and Competitive Landscape Tables.
BMI Industry View
Summary of BMI's key industry forecasts, and views, covering food and drink manufacturing and consumption and the retail market.
Business Environment Rankings
BMI's Food & Drink Business Environment Rankings provide a country-comparative Risk-Reward Rankings index aimed at investors, food and drink manufacturers and mass grocery retailers.
The rankings methodology makes sophisticated use of over 40 industry, economic and demographic data points.
Industry SWOT Analysis
Analysis of the major Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats within the food, drink and mass grocery retail sectors, and within the broader political, economic and business environment.
BMI's food chapter is divided into sections such as Meat, Fish, Confectionary, Dairy and Canned Foods, and provides insight into a market's food industry, centred on a forecast to end-2018 for the sector. The chapter includes the following elements:
Industry Forecast Scenario - Historical data series and forecasts to end-2018 for growth of key indicators within a market's food industry. Including consumption, food consumption as % of GDP, canned food sales, confectionery sales and food and drink imports and exports, among others.
Industry Developments - A summary of corporate developments, including news on M&As, FDI, expansions, closures and financial results, in addition to analysis and explanation of the latest industry events and how these could influence further investment.
Market Overview - An overview of the structure of the market, introducing the key players and discussing underlying trends.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Food research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Mexico Food & Drink Report Q3 2014
- Kuwait Food & Drink Report Q3 2014
- Ukraine Food & Drink Report Q3 2014
- Netherlands Food & Drink Report Q3 2014
- Slovenia Food & Drink Report Q3 2014
- Bahrain Food & Drink Report Q3 2014
- Vietnam Food & Drink Report Q3 2014
- Chile Food & Drink Report Q3 2014
- Qatar Food & Drink Report Q3 2014
- Germany Food & Drink Report Q3 2014