Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 07/21/2014 -- Herbicides are used to kill undesirable plants and weeds. They are a very essential part of modern agricultural practices. The herbicides market is dominated by players such as Syngenta (Switzerland), BASF (Germany), Dow AgroSciences (U.S.), Monsanto Company (U.S.), and DuPont (U.S.). Being a highly regulated market, government intervention in the supply and demand of herbicides increases competition among manufacturers.
The global herbicides market is led by Latin America, which had a market share of 26.2% in 2013. This region is projected to grow at the fastest CAGR of 7.3% from 2014 to 2019. It was followed by the Asia-Pacific region, North America, and then Europe.
This report is focused on the detailed study of the herbicides market, by type, crop type, and mode of action in different geographies, with a thorough analysis of the market players in the industry.
The global herbicides market is also segmented on the basis of type-glyphosate, atrazine, acetochlor, 2,4-D, and others (butachlor, dicamba, imazapyr, diquat, and paraquat)-and crop type-cereals & grains, oilseeds & pulses, fruits & vegetables, and others. The classification of herbicides is also based on their mode of action: selective and non-selective.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Materials research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Insecticides Market by Type [Organophosphorus Compounds, Pyrethroids, Neonicotinoidsn Methyl Carbamate, and Others (Macrocyclic Lactones, Phenylpyrazoles, and Benzoylureas)], by Crop Type (Cereals & Grains, Oilseeds & Pulses, Fruits & Vegetables, and Othe
- Fungicides Market - Global Trends & Forecasts to 2019
- Biofertilizers Market by Type (Nitrogen Fixing, Phosphate Solubilizing, Potash Mobilizing), by Crop Type (Cereals & Grains, Oilseed & Pulses, Fruits and Vegetables), by Micro-Organism (Rhizobium, Azotobacter, Azospirillium, Cyanobacteria, Phosphate Solubi
- Nitrogenous Fertilizers Market - Trends & Forecasts To 2018
- Phosphate Fertilizers Market - Trends & Forecasts To 2018
- European Crop Protection Chemicals Market by Types (Herbicides, Fungicides, Insecticides, Bio-pesticides and Adjuvants), by Crop Types, by Geography: Trends and Forecast to 2018
- Agricultural Enzymes Market - Global Trends & Forecast to 2018
- Europe Seed Treatment Market By Type (Chemical & Non-Chemical), By Application (Fungicide, Insecticide, Bio-Control And Others) And By Crop (Cereals, Oilseeds And Others): Trends, Forecasts And Technical Insights Up To 2018
- North America Seed Treatment Market by Type (chemical & non-chemical), by Application (fungicide, insecticide, bio-control and others) and by Crop (cereals, oilseeds and others): Trends, Forecasts and Technical Insights up to 2018
- Crop Protection Chemicals Market: Global Trends and Forecast To 2018