Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 06/25/2014 -- Internet retailing has become a matter of course among Germans, especially younger and middle-age consumers. However, the over 50s are also increasingly discovering the benefits of internet retailing. It would appear that the initial barriers to online shopping among this age group have now been broken down. Furthermore, the convenience factor remains essential as online shops are open 24 hours a day and can save the consumer both time and money. In addition, many consumers appreciate that they can find more individual products online that are not available in stores or catalogues. Accordingly, they are no longer limited to local offerings, while product prices and features can also be compared, something which is especially important to price-sensitive German consumers. Additionally, purchases are being facilitated by product reviews and advice from previous buyers.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Amazon.de GmbH remained the clear channel leader in Germany in 2013 with a 27% value share. The company continues to record high year-on-year value growth rates in a competitive marketplace. Amazon's strong growth can be attributed to very competitive pricing and a wide product range. Furthermore, at the beginning of 2013, it launched the largest model of its e-book reader Kindle Fire HD, which has been very successful. Amazon dominates sales of both e-books and regular books in the internet retailing channel. Moreover, even negative publicity about the treatment of its temporary workers has not affected its sales figures.
The internet retailing channel in Germany is expected to become even more competitive over the next five years, while at the same time margins are expected to shrink. All major store-based retailers already have an online shop or are in the process of opening one and taking share from small players. This trend is expected to continue. Furthermore, the impact of internet retailing goes beyond value sales and margins as it influences economic policy decisions. Topics such as urban planning and logistics due to a growing number of delivery vans in urban areas, payment security, data privacy and consumer rights will in future continue to be of great importance.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Internet Retailing industry in Germany with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Internet Retailing industry in Germany, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Internet Retailing in Germany market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed market shares for international and locally-based retailers
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- Who are the leading retailers in Germany?
- How quickly is internet retailing growing in Germany?
- What products are selling best over the internet?
- Which internet sites are attracting the most sales?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Retailing research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Retailing in France
- Leisure and Personal Goods Specialist Retailers in Peru
- Internet Retailing in France
- Internet Retailing in Denmark
- Internet Retailing in the US
- Internet Retailing in New Zealand
- Internet Retailing in South Korea
- Retailing in Austria
- Internet Retailing in Turkey
- Retailing in New Zealand