Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 06/16/2014 -- Egyptian consumers faced a challenging situation during the review period, with the 2011 revolution being followed by ongoing unrest and political and economic uncertainty. Many were also forced to work long hours due to rising living costs and greater job insecurity. Stress levels thus understandably increased for many Egyptians in the latter half of the review period, with this in turn increasing the incidence of acid indigestion and boosting sales of antacids.
Pharco Pharmaceuticals was the clear leader in digestive remedies throughout the review period and accounted for close to 36% value share in 2013. This company offers a wide range of indigestion and heartburn remedies, with its leading brands Fawar and Gripe Baby Water being the top two brands in digestive remedies in 2013 with 17% and 13% value share respectively. These brands benefit from a longstanding presence in Egypt, low prices and strong consumer trust.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Ongoing high stress levels will continue to benefit digestive remedies during the forecast period. With Egypt's future remaining uncertain and unemployment and inflation remaining high, many consumers will continue to suffer from acid indigestion as a result of stress. This will support a good 3% volume CAGR for antacids during the forecast period.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Digestive Remedies industry in Egypt with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Digestive Remedies industry in Egypt, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Digestive Remedies in Egypt market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Digestive Remedies in Egypt?
- What are the major brands in Egypt?
- Are there any herbal/traditional home-made digestive remedies, like charcoal, which compete strongly with standard medicinal products?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Consumer Goods research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Digestive Remedies in Israel
- Digestive Remedies in the United Kingdom
- Digestive Remedies in South Korea
- Digestive Remedies in Ukraine
- Digestive Remedies in the United Arab Emirates
- Digestive Remedies in Bosnia-Herzegovina
- Digestive Remedies in the US
- Digestive Remedies in Hungary
- Digestive Remedies in Ireland
- Digestive Remedies in India