Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 06/20/2014 -- In 2013, sales in the direct selling channel increased at a slower pace compared to the prior year. The reasons for the relatively soft performance of the channel in 2013were the stagnating economy and the worsening political crisis. This combination depressed general consumer confidence and made households severely limit spending on products traditionally strong in the channel, such as cosmetics.
Avon and Oriflame are the two leading brands in the direct selling channel. In 2013, Avon Bulgaria EOOD, a wholly owned subsidiary of Avon International Operations Inc, registered sales of BNG43 million, down 3% in current terms on the previous year. As a result, the brand maintained its leading position but its share narrowed by two percentage points to 30%.Between August 2012 and July 2013, the top management of Avon Bulgaria was changed and three new managing directors were appointed. The management changes may be interpreted as an attempt to provide impetus for new growth. Results in 2013, however, were negatively affected as the new management team needs time to re-energise the company.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The direct selling channel is expected to register a CAGR of 4% at constant 2013 prices over the forecast period. The projection contrasts with the performance over the review period, when the channel registered a negative CAGR of 1% at constant 2013 prices. Projections of future growth are based on expectations for a recovery in the overall economic environment in the country, gradual improvement in the labour market and restored consumer confidence. Key to the above will be early elections in 2014 and the formation of a stable government with strong parliamentary and public support.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Direct Selling industry in Bulgaria with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Direct Selling industry in Bulgaria, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Direct Selling in Bulgaria market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed market shares for international and locally-based retailers
- Historic values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- Who are the leading retailers in Bulgaria?
- How important is direct selling in Bulgaria?
- How is the direct selling channel being affected by the growth of internet retailing?
- What strategies are direct sellers employing to compete in a multi-channel environment?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Retailing research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Direct Selling in Denmark
- Direct Selling in Egypt
- Direct Selling in the US
- Direct Selling in Peru
- Direct Selling in Argentina
- Direct Selling in Colombia
- Direct Selling in Venezuela
- Direct Selling in the United Kingdom
- Direct Selling in Austria
- Direct Selling in Sweden