Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 10/24/2012 -- GlobalData, the industry analysis specialist, has released its latest report, "Healthcare, Regulatory and Reimbursement Landscape - Taiwan". It is an essential source of information and analysis on Taiwan's healthcare, regulatory and reimbursement landscape. It identifies the key trends in the healthcare market and provides insights into the demographic, regulatory and reimbursement landscape and healthcare infrastructure. Most importantly, the report provides valuable insights into the trends and segmentation of the pharmaceutical and medical device markets. It is built using data and information sourced from proprietary databases, secondary research and in-house analysis by GlobalData's team of industry experts.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Taiwan had a population of approximately 23.2 million in 2010, having increased at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 0.3% from 2005. Approximately 75% of the population lives in cities, of which Taipei, Keelung, Kaohsiung and Taichung are the most populated. In 2007, the country had a population density of 632 people per square kilometer, the second highest among countries with a population of more than 10 million.
Taiwan's pharmaceutical market was worth $3.7 billion in 2010, having grown at a CAGR of 2.6% from 2010. Although smaller than India's pharmaceutical market, worth $12.9 billion, Taiwan's per capita expenditure on medicines was significantly higher, at $160 compared to India's $106.
The market for medical devices in Taiwan is one of the largest in Asia. It was valued at approximately $1.6 billion in 2006 and grew at a CAGR of 5.1% to $1.9 billion in 2011. It is predicted to reach $3 billion by 2020.
These positive trends can primarily be attributed to -
- Growing elderly population
- Universal healthcare insurance
- High degree of access to healthcare facilities
- Overview of Taiwan's pharmaceutical and medical device markets, including size, segmentation and key drivers and barriers
- Profiles and SWOT analyses of the major players in the pharmaceutical and medical device markets
- Insightful review of the reimbursement and regulatory landscape, comprising details of the healthcare reimbursement process, regulatory agencies and approval processes for new drugs and medical devices
- Detailed analysis of Taiwan's political and economic environment, including economic indicators, demographics, healthcare infrastructure and healthcare expenditure
- An overview of the opportunities for and challenges to growth in the healthcare market
Reasons to Get this Report
This report comprehensively covers Taiwan's pharmaceutical and medical device markets and will enhance your decision-making capability by allowing you to -
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving Taiwan's healthcare market
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Healthcare research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Healthcare, Regulatory and Reimbursement Landscape - Mexico
- Healthcare, Regulatory and Reimbursement Landscape Russia
- Healthcare, Regulatory and Reimbursement Landscape Vietnam
- Healthcare, Regulatory and Reimbursement Landscape - Brazil
- Healthcare, Regulatory and Reimbursement Landscape - China
- Healthcare, Regulatory and Reimbursement Landscape - India
- Pharmaceutical Pricing and Reimbursement - Adoption of Health Technology Assessments (HTA) Optimizes Drug Pricing and Accelerates Reimbursement Decision-Making
- Pharmaceutical Key Trends 2011 - Healthcare System and Drug Regulatory Overview: Cost-containment and regulatory pressures intensify
- Global Healthcare Policy Analysis 2012 – Regulatory, Pricing, and Reimbursement Assessment
- Pricing and Reimbursement in Brazil - Health Technology Assessment (HTA) Studies to Facilitate Setting of Ceiling Prices for New Drugs