Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 05/27/2013 -- GBI Research, the leading business intelligence provider, has released its latest research, "Oncology Therapeutics Market in India to 2018 - Introduction of Market-Based Pricing to Fuel Price Wars and Intense Competition Among Domestic and Multinational Players", which provides in-depth analysis of the key therapeutic indications of oncology, breast cancer, colorectal cancer, prostate cancer, lung cancer and Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma (NHL), with forecasts until 2018. It also looks at treatment usage patterns and includes insights into the oncology R&D pipeline.
The Indian oncology therapeutics market for breast cancer, lung cancer, colorectal cancer, prostate cancer and NHL was estimated to be worth $153.3m in 2011, having grown at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 12.7% from 2004. It is expected to reach $238.8m in 2018 at a CAGR of 6.5% from 2011. The slower growth in the forecast period is mainly due to the reduction in the price of leading marketed products for breast cancer, colorectal cancer, lung cancer and NHL after all 348 drugs on the National List of Essential Medicines (NLEM) are brought under price control regulations.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The limitations of the current market are unclear patent laws, restrictive pricing and reimbursement policies, ailing infrastructure, and insufficient government aid. Low patient affordability is also a major restraint, and one that reimbursement and insurance policies must address if the market is to develop in the future.
- The report analyzes treatment usage patterns, market characterization, pipeline analysis, competitive landscape and key M&A trends in the breast cancer, colorectal cancer, prostate cancer, lung cancer and NHL markets.
- Data and analysis for the oncology therapeutics market in India
- Annualized market data for the oncology therapeutics market in India from 2004 to 2011, with forecasts to 2018
- Key drivers and restraints that have had a significant impact on the market
- The competitive landscape of the oncology therapeutics market in India
- Key M&A activities and licensing agreements that have taken place in the Indian oncology therapeutics market
Reasons to Get This Report
The report will enhance your decision-making capability by allowing you to -
- Align your product portfolio to the markets with high growth potential
- Develop market-entry and market-expansion strategies by identifying the potential regions and therapeutic segments poised for strong growth
- Devise a more effectively tailored country strategy through the understanding of key drivers and barriers in the oncology market
- Develop key strategic initiatives by understanding the key focus areas and leading companies
- Accelerate and strengthen your market position by identifying key companies for mergers, acquisitions and strategic partnerships
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Dr. Reddy's Laboratories, Natco Pharma, AstraZeneca, Cipla
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Pharmaceuticals research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Orphan Diseases Therapeutics in Oncology to 2018 - Strongly Diversified Developmental Pipelines Indicate Long-Term Growth Potential despite Moderate Scope of Current Late Stage Molecules
- Diabetes Therapeutics Market in India to 2018 - Rapid Uptake of DPP-IV Inhibitors, GLP-1 Agonists and Expanding Insulin Segment to Drive Growth
- Orphan Disease Therapeutics in Genetic Disorders to 2018 - Emerging Agents in Cystic Fibrosis Offer Strong Opportunities for Investment and Licensing Activity
- Pharmaceutical Pricing and Reimbursement in Oncology - Payer Pressure to Justify Premium Pricing of Novel Agents, Pushing Companies to Risk-Sharing Modalities
- Pricing and Reimbursement in Russia - Big Pharma Take Advantage of Reimbursement for Costly Drugs through the DLO’s Seven Nosologies Program
- Dermatology Therapeutics Market to 2018 - Novel Biologics Targeting Interleukin-17 Receptor Presents New Options in Psoriasis Treatment
- Orphan Disease Therapeutics Market to 2018 - Improved Understanding of Rare Diseases' Heterogeneity and Novel New Clinical Trial Designs to Foster Innovation
- Novel Therapies in Oncology - Protein Kinase Inhibitors, Monoclonal Antibodies and Vaccines Therapeutic Classes Dominate Late-Stage Pipeline
- Parkinson's Disease Therapeutics - Global Drug Forecasts and Treatment Analysis to 2020
- Bone Metabolism Therapeutics Market to 2018 - Hyperparathyroidism Sector to Decline in the Absence of New Product Launches and Increased Generic Erosion for Zemplar, Hectorol and Sensipar