Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 07/29/2014 -- In terms of gross written premium, the German insurance industry is a global leader. During the review period (2009-2013) the industry registered varying growth rates due to the impact of the financial crisis. However, the industry's strong regulatory framework supported its growth. Natural disasters supported the growth of reinsurance during the review period, and the German reinsurance segment is the largest in Europe and the second-largest in the world. Germany is home to Munich Re and Hannover Re, two of the world's largest reinsurance groups. The recovery of the financial markets in 2010 had a positive influence on the nation's labor market, and property prices began to improve as a result. This is leading to moderate growth in the life and non-life segments, which is expected to continue over the forecast period (2013-2018), and drive the reinsurance segment. The increase in the cost of motor insurance and rising property prices will have a positive impact on the overall industry. With the impact of storm Emma and hurricane Kyrill, the German reinsurance segment is expected post a forecast-period CAGR of 6.3%.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
- The German reinsurance segment consists of two leading global reinsurers: Munich Re and Hannover Re. Both registered a profit in the first quarter of 2013.
- The German reinsurance segment is the second-largest in the world in terms of gross written premium.
- In terms of accessing reinsurance business, insurers have established local offices after the country's implementation of liberalization policies, which provide free movement to insurers and reinsurers inside Europe.
- The reinsurance segment is dominated by treaty reinsurance, which accounted for 93.7% of the segment's written premium in 2013, a figure that is expected to increase to 94.1% in 2018.
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the reinsurance segment in Germany:
- It provides historical values for Germany's reinsurance segment for the report's 2009-2013 review period and forecast figures for the 2013-2018 forecast period.
- It offers a detailed analysis of the key sub-segments in Germany's reinsurance segment, along with market forecasts until 2018.
- It provides a detailed analysis of the reinsurance ceded from various direct insurance segments in Germany and its growth prospects.
Reasons to Get this Report
- Make strategic business decisions using in depth historic and forecast market data related to the German reinsurance segment and each sector within it
- Understand the demand-side dynamics, key market trends and growth opportunities within the German reinsurance segment
- Identify the growth opportunities and market dynamics within key product categories
- Gain insights into key regulations governing the German insurance industry and its impact on companies and the market's future
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Munchener Ruckversicherungs-Gesellschaft (Munich Re), Hannover Ruck SE (Hannover Re), Allianz SE, E+S Ruck AG, General Reinsurance AG, Generali Deutschland, R+V Versicherung, Deutsche Ruck, Verband Oeffent Leben
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Insurance research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Non-Life Insurance in Indonesia, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018
- Non-Life Insurance in the UK, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018
- Life Insurance in the UK, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018
- Life Insurance in Indonesia, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018
- Non-Life Insurance in Germany, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018
- Life Insurance in Germany, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018
- Personal Accident and Health Insurance in the UK, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018
- Personal Accident and Health Insurance in Indonesia, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018
- Life Insurance in Hungary, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018
- Life Insurance in Turkey, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018