Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 11/16/2012 -- The Japanese reinsurance segment was severely affected by the earthquake and subsequent tsunami that resulted in one of the largest natural disasters in the history of Japan after World War II. Immediately after the Tohoku earthquake that hit Japan in March 2011, renewals in April 2011 demonstrated the reinsurance industry's ability to operate during difficult times.
- The rise in aging population and decline in birth rate are expected to drive the growth of the life and non-life insurance segments, with the former expected to record a forecast-period CAGR of 4.5% and the latter expected to record a forecast-period CAGR of 1.0%.
- The Japanese exposure towards natural disasters makes strong reinsurance coverage essential to the insurance industry and economy.
- An increase in property insurance premiums is expected to drive the growth of the Japanese non-life insurance segment.
- Following the global financial crisis of 2009, the premium ceded to reinsurance by Japanese direct insurers increased in the non-life and personal accident and health insurance segments but decreased in the life insurance segment.
- This shifted the global attention on risk assessment and risk management to Japan and the Asia-Pacific region, increasing reinsurance costs by 20% regionally and more in the case of Japan.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the reinsurance market in Japan
- It provides historical values for the Japanese reinsurance market for the review period (2007-2011) and forecast period (2012-2016)
- It offers a detailed analysis of the key sub-segments in the Japanese reinsurance market, along with market forecasts until 2016
- It provides a detailed analysis of the reinsurance ceded from various direct insurance markets in Japan and its growth prospects
- It profiles the top reinsurance companies in Japan
Reasons to Get this Report
- Make strategic business decisions using in depth historic and forecast market data related to the Japanese reinsurance market and each sector within it
- Understand the demand-side dynamics, key market trends and growth opportunities within the Japanese reinsurance market
- Assess the competitive dynamics in the reinsurance market
- Identify the growth opportunities and market dynamics within key product categories
- Gain insights into key regulations governing the Japanese insurance market and its impact on companies and the market's future
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Toa Reinsurance Company, Japan Earthquake Reinsurance Company Limited
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Financial Services research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Reinsurance in Singapore, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016
- Non-Life Insurance in the UK, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016
- Personal Accident and Health Insurance in the Netherlands, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016
- Reinsurance in Australia, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016
- Life Insurance in the Netherlands, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016
- Life Insurance in South Korea, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016
- Non-Life Insurance in Singapore, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016
- Life Insurance in Belgium, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016
- Life Insurance in South Africa, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016: Micro Insurance Programs and Rural Insurance Penetration Key to Market Expansion
- Personal Accident and Health Insurance in Hong Kong, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016