Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 12/24/2013 -- The Polish reinsurance segment recorded a stable compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 7% during the review period (2008-2012). This growth was partly driven by the non-life insurance segment, which increased the share of written premium ceded to reinsurers. Poland was adversely affected by flooding in 2010 which resulted in huge insurance claims, encouraging insurance companies, especially those in the non-life segment, to utilize reinsurance services to minimize their losses from future natural disasters. As a result, the written premium of the Polish reinsurance segment increased from PLN493 million in 2008 to PLN646.7 million in 2012. Moreover, the percentage of non-life insurance premium ceded to reinsurers is expected to increase over the forecast period (2012-2017), from 14.6% in 2012 to 16.8% in 2017. This, coupled with the projected economic development and high frequency of natural disasters, is expected to drive the reinsurance segment to grow at a forecast-period CAGR of 4.9%.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
- The Polish reinsurance segment recorded a stable compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 7% during the review period (2008-2012)
- The frequent occurrence of natural disasters keeps reinsurance demand strong
- Proposed Solvency II regulations to strengthen the reinsurance segment
- The presence of large multinational reinsurers in Poland, such as Swiss Re, Munich Re and Allianz, make the segment highly competitive
- The Polish reinsurance segment is dominated by foreign reinsurers that operate through local subsidiaries and joint ventures with domestic companies
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the reinsurance segment in Poland:
- It provides historical values for Poland's reinsurance segment for the report's 2008-2012 review period and forecast figures for the 2012-2017 forecast period
- It offers a detailed analysis of the key sub-segments in Poland's reinsurance segment, along with market forecasts until 2017
- It provides a detailed analysis of the reinsurance ceded from various direct insurance segments in Poland and its growth prospects
Reasons to Get This Report
- Make strategic business decisions using in depth historic and forecast market data related to the Polish reinsurance segment and each sector within it
- Understand the demand-side dynamics, key market trends and growth opportunities within the Polish reinsurance segment
- Identify the growth opportunities and market dynamics within key product categories
- Gain insights into key regulations governing the Polish insurance industry and its impact on companies and the market's future
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Polish Re, RGA International Reinsurance Company Ltd, Swiss Re
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Insurance research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Life Insurance in Russia, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Life Insurance in Austria, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017: The Austrian life segment's written premium fell from EUR7.4 billion in 2008 to EUR6.5 billion in 2012.
- Non-Life Insurance in Austria, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017: The Austrian non-life segments written premium value grew from EUR6.5 billion in 2008 to EUR7.1 billion in 2012.
- Non-Life Insurance in China, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Life Insurance in India, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Life Insurance in China, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Life Insurance in South Africa, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Non-Life Insurance in India, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Personal Accident and Health Insurance in Hong Kong, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Non-Life Insurance in South Africa, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017