Dallas, TX -- (ReleaseWire) -- 06/13/2014 -- The first prophylactic vaccine for immunization against human papillomavirus (HPV) became available in 2006. The global HPV vaccines market is now well established, yet vaccine coverage rates amongst the traditional target population of adolescent girls remain persistently low. Initially HPV vaccines were developed and marketed solely to protect against cervical cancer. In recent years the role of HPV in other cancers has been increasingly recognized which has facilitated a shift towards vaccinating a wider population, most significant has been the inclusion of males in routine vaccine recommendations in some countries. The current HPV vaccines market is dominated by one major player, Merck's Gardasil, with GlaxoSmithKline's (GSK's) HPV vaccine Cervarix providing the only competition. The introduction of Merck's nine-valent vaccine (V503) is set to change the future landscape of the HPV vaccines sector.
Complete report available @ http://www.reportsnreports.com/reports/288123-pharmapoint-prophylactic-human-papillomavirus-vaccines-global-drug-forecast-and-market-analysis-to-2022.html .
Key Questions Answered
- What environmental factors limit the uptake of current HPV vaccines?
- What opportunities exist to overcome these environmental factors?
- What are the main unmet needs of current HPV vaccines?
- What technologies are positioned to address these unmet needs?
- What opportunities will remain for the development of new HPV vaccines?
- What environmental factors will influence the introduction of novel HPV vaccines?
- New nine-valent HPV vaccines are expected to be widely adopted following market approval, stealing market share from existing vaccines. Though a high price represents a potential barrier to market access.
- Significant environmental barriers to HPV vaccination exist, which currently serve to limit vaccine uptake.
- The emphasis of HPV vaccination is shifting away from an initial focus on cervical cancer prevention in females, towards prevention of a range of cancers in both males and females.
- The inclusion of males in routine HPV vaccine recommendations will expand the size of the HPV vaccines market
Request a sample copy of this report @ http://www.reportsnreports.com/contacts/requestsample.aspx?name=288123 .
- Overview of the latest advances in prophylactic vaccination.
- Analysis of the future potential for novel and existing HPV vaccines.
- Key topics covered include unmet needs, opportunities, and drivers and barriers specific to prophylactic HPV vaccines.
Reasons to buy
- Understand the dynamics of the prophylactic HPV vaccines market, and the unique barriers to market access.
- Identify opportunities for the development and delivery of HPV vaccines, and to identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the future of prophylactic HPV vaccination.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analysing the performance of various competitors.
- Gain insight on the challenges associated with delivering prophylactic HPV vaccines and the impact of novel vaccines.
- Track vaccine sales in the global HPV vaccines market from 2012-2022