Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 07/08/2014 -- As the prices for alcoholic drinks are still subject to high taxes (per litre of pure alcohol and import taxes), beer remains the least affected as consumers are tending to choose to consume more beer than other alcoholic beverages like spirits since it has a lower ABV, and thus lower taxes. As beer consumption increases, the demand is also starting to diversify, so that among middle high and high income groups there is a growing interest to try different types, including artisanal beers, dark beers and to some extent even non-alcoholic beers.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Cia de Cervezas Nacionales SA led sales with a 95% volume share in 2013. The company has been present in the local beer industry for the longest time and has been able to develop strong customer loyalty through its main family brand names, Pilsener and Club. The company is always investing in large marketing campaigns and it is constantly innovating, like with the limited editions it has introduced, the last one being Club Negra in 2013.
During the forecast period, it is very likely that the demand and supply of more specialised beers will increase as Ecuadorian consumers are expected to continue evolving and developing a more refined beer palate. Also, beer is expected to remain the most consumed alcoholic drink due to its wide distribution and affordable prices. It is also expected that more niche categories will enter the category to keep up with increased demand.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Beer industry in Ecuador with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Beer industry in Ecuador, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Beer in Ecuador market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market volume shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Production, imports by origin, exports by destination
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Beer in Ecuador?
- What are the major brands in Ecuador?
- How has premium lager performed in the wake of the global recession, has it lost out to economy lager as consumers traded down?
- What are the most popular flavours within non-alcoholic beer?
- What are the market opportunities for 'healthier' beers like low calorie and/or low abv beers?
- Has the implementation of a stricter drink driving law benefited sales of low/non-alcohol beer?
- Has the recession benefited domestic lager over imported lager?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
Product coverage: Dark Beer, Lager, Non/Low Alcohol Beer, Stout.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Beverages research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- The Premium Beer Market 2013
- Sweetening The Pils - The Market for Flavored Beer and Beer Mixes
- Beer - Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Beer - BRIC (Brazil, Russia, India, China) Industry Guide
- Beer - North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide
- The Craft Beer Phenomenon
- Beer - Scandinavia Industry Guide
- Australia Beer Market Insights 2013
- Sweden Beer Market Insights 2013
- Beer in Australia