Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 07/08/2014 -- Canned/preserved fish/seafood and canned/preserved meat and meat products continue to represent the highest proportion of value sales in canned/preserved food; expected to reach a combined 83% retail value share in 2013. These products mainly target lower-income consumers, and are present in all retail stores and markets. There was continued growth in this category in 2013.
The brand Koutoubia led canned/preserved meat and meat products in 2012, and this is expected to continue in 2013. Koutoubia is a historical provider of preserved meat in Morocco. The brand enjoys an excellent reputation, and is widely distributed nationwide. Koutoubia is sold in all kinds of retailers, although some products are only found in supermarkets and hypermarkets. Also, Koutoubia expanded its market penetration by launching different outlets in which customers can find Koutoubia's products. The outlets belonging to Koutoubia are Koutoubia Market, Petit Panier, Koutoubia Shop and Tahar, and are located all over Morocco. They all sell preserved meat, except for Tahar, which sells fresh meat at premium prices.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Canned/preserved food is set to register a constant value CAGR of 4% over the forecast period, and is expected to reach sales of Dh2.4 billion in 2018. This growth will essentially come from increasing sales of canned/preserved fish/seafood and canned/preserved meat and meat products. Tuna, sardines and Mortadella will remain the three strongest products in canned/preserved food.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Canned/Preserved Food industry in Morocco with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Canned/Preserved Food industry in Morocco, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Canned/Preserved Food in Morocco market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Canned/Preserved Food in Morocco?
- What are the major brands in Morocco?
- As economic prospects improve, are consumers starting to move away from comparatively inexpensive canned food and back to frozen and chilled processed offerings?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
Product coverage: Canned/Preserved Beans, Canned/Preserved Fish/Seafood, Canned/Preserved Fruit, Canned/Preserved Meat and Meat Products, Canned/Preserved Pasta, Canned/Preserved Ready Meals, Canned/Preserved Soup, Canned/Preserved Tomatoes, Canned/Preserved Vegetables, Other Canned/Preserved Food.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Food research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Global Food and Beverage Survey 2013-2014 - Market Trends, Buyer Spend and Procurement Strategies in the Global Food and Beverage Industry
- Canned Food: Global Industry Guide
- Frozen Food: Global Industry Guide
- Food Emulsifiers Market - Global Trends & Forecast To 2018
- Frozen Food - BRIC (Brazil, Russia, India, China) Industry Guide
- Fast Food in South Korea
- Specialty Food Ingredients Market - Global Trends & Forecast to 2018
- Food Texture Market by Functionalities, Applications & Geography - Global Trends & Forecasts to 2018
- The UK Foodservice Industry Survey 2013-2014 - Organic Trends and Menu Labelling
- Fast Food in France