Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 02/12/2014 -- Despite the relative near-term weakness of its food and drink market on account of the wider political and economic situation, Egypt's core demographics continue to offer encouraging prospects for the world's major fast-moving consumer goods companies. Egypt is also arguably the cultural hub of the Arab world and doubles up as an excellent gateway to the wider North African and Sub-Saharan African regions. We believe that no other country in the Arab world can match Egypt's long-term potential, which is why many of the world's largest consumer companies will very likely be increasing, rather than cutting back, their investment in the country.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Headline Industry Forecasts (local currency)
- 2013 per capita food consumption growth = +10.17% year-on-year (y-o-y); forecast compound annual growth rate (CAGR) to 2017 = +11.42%.
- 2013 alcoholic drinks value sales growth = +18.14% y-o-y; forecast CAGR to 2017 = +17.64%.
- 2013 soft drinks value sales growth = +14.29% y-o-y; forecast CAGR to 2017 = +16.10%.
- 2013 mass grocery retail sales growth = +14.09% y-o-y; forecast CAGR to 2017 =
Key Industry Trends
Nestl? Reaffirms Its Commitment To Egypt Through Investment In Local Production Facilities: In October 2013, Swiss major Nestl? invested US$28.8mn to expand its ice cream factory in Egypt. The company says that the investment, which has increased production capacity through the installation of two new manufacturing lines, among other developments, is designed to help meet increasing demand for Nestl? and Dolce brands and will result in the creation of 200 new jobs. Ice cream produced at the factory is distributed in Egypt, as well as exported to countries including Jordan, Libya, Lebanon and Tunisia.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Food research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Colombia Food & Drink Report Q1 2014
- Singapore Food & Drink Report Q1 2014
- India Food & Drink Report Q1 2014
- United Arab Emirates Food & Drink Report Q1 2014
- Brazil Food & Drink Report Q1 2014
- Chile Food & Drink Report Q1 2014
- Belarus Food & Drink Report Q1 2014
- United Kingdom Food & Drink Report Q1 2014
- Croatia Food & Drink Report Q1 2014
- Vietnam Food & Drink Report Q1 2014