Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 04/14/2014 -- The past year and a half or so was challenging for the Polish consumer. Following a sustained boom that lasted even through the 2008-2009 period, when nearly all of Europe grinded to a halt, real GDP growth has since slowed significantly. Indeed, Poland was the only European country to escape recession in 2009, and the strength of its private consumption-oriented economy was a key factor. However, things have looked better of late. Real GDP grew 2.7% y-o-y in Q413, affirming that the economic rebound in H213 is gathering momentum.
Headline Industry Data (local currency)
- 2014 per capita food consumption growth = +3.1%; forecast compound annual growth (CAGR) to 2018 = +5.1%.
- 2014 soft drinks sales value growth = +3.8%; forecast CAGR to 2018 = +7.5%.
- 2014mass grocery retail sales growth = +3.9%; forecast CAGR to 2018 = +7.2%.
Key Industry Trends
Foreign Companies Attracted To Confectionery Opportunities: In October 2013, UK-based private equity group Bridgepoint acquired Poland-based biscuit producer Dr Gerard, a unit of France-based Groupe Poult, to capitalise on the rising demand for sweet products in Poland. The financial details of the transaction had not been disclosed at the time of writing. Bridgepoint expects to take advantage of the relatively fragmented Polish biscuit market.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Risks To Outlook
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Food research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Germany Food & Drink Report Q2 2014
- Mexico Food & Drink Report Q2 2014
- Slovenia Food & Drink Report Q2 2014
- Vietnam Food & Drink Report Q2 2014
- Turkey Food & Drink Report Q2 2014
- Kuwait Food & Drink Report Q2 2014
- Colombia Food & Drink Report Q2 2014
- Brazil Food & Drink Report Q2 2014
- Indonesia Food & Drink Report Q2 2014
- Bahrain Food & Drink Report Q2 2014