Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 03/26/2014 -- Description
The paper industry in China develops rapidly after China joined WTO. In 1999, total output volume of paper and paperboard in China was only 29 million tons while the number topped 100 million tons in 2010 for the first time. The CAGR of the 11 years was 11.9%. The growth rate began to decline afterward because of the huge base amount. In 2013, the output volume of machine-made paper and paperboard in China was approximately 115.14 million tons, up by merely 1.22% YOY.
There are a large amount of paper manufacturers with low industrial concentration in China. By the end of 2013 there are about 7,000 paper and paper product manufacturers in China. The average annual production per manufacturer was less than 20 thousand tons, which was significantly lower than that in developed countries. Only 6 paper manufacturers in China had the annual output volume of over 2 million tons, and 10 other manufacturers' annual output volume reached 1 million tons in 2012.
The import and export of wood pulp, waste paper and paperboard in China remained stable in 2013. The import volume basically remained the same while the export volume rebounded slightly. Meanwhile the unit price of import went up a little and that of export declined sharply. As of the import and export value, the former did not change while the later went down. Trade deficit still existed between import and export of wood pulp and paper products in 2013.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The export volume of paper in China is less than 10% of domestic output. In addition, in order to protect the environment and especially to ensure domestic supply, Chinese government does not allow paper export in large quantities. Unlike other manufacturing industries, there is no tax rebate for paper export in China. Waste paper processing trade is also restricted, and there are no subsidies for the paper industry.
Most of the world's major paper manufacturers have accomplished the integration of forest, pulp and paper. However, most paper manufacturers in China lack their own forest-paper system and thus qualified paper fiber supply depends greatly on import. The situation directly leads to unstable performance and low profit among the manufacturers. Insufficient supply of raw fiber materials seriously hinders the development of paper industry in China.
Moreover, the paper industry in China is faced to four unsolved problems right now. The first problem is resource shortage caused by high geographic concentration. The second problem is the unreasonable product structure. The third one is the low product level caused by lagging machines while the last one is serious environment pollution.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Manufacturing research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- General Co for Paper Industry Rakta (RAKT) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- An Hui Shan Ying Paper Industry Co., Ltd (600567) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Central Paper Industry PCL (CPICO) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- MCC Meili Paper Industry Co., Ltd. (000815) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Disposable Paper Products and Other Articles of Paper in Russia: Industrial Report
- 2014 Worldwide Paper Mills Industry - Industry & Market Report
- Wrapping & Paper Packaging: Global Industry Guide
- Global Pharmaceutical Survey 2013-2014 - Market Trends, Marketing Spend and Sales Strategies in the Global Pharmaceutical Industry
- Global Oil and Gas Survey 2013-2014 - Market Trends, Marketing Spend and Sales Strategies in the Global Oil and Gas Industry
- Research Report on China's Natural Gas Industry Chain, 2013-2017