Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 02/10/2014 -- We forecast total IT market spending will increase to RON5.3bn in 2014, an increase of 9.8% in local currency terms. We have a positive medium term outlook for IT market development in Romania based on several supporting trends. Rising incomes will support retail hardware spending growth, while improvements to telecommunications infrastructure is forecast to accelerate the development of Romania as an outsourcing and cloud computing market. The ongoing transformation of political and economic structures, driven domestically and by EU accession, will also continue to provide opportunities. Regional economic instability could derail this bullish outlook, but the wider region could also provide a driver to move the market to a higher growth trajectory. The creation of regulations harmonising data and privacy at the European level could also be a major boom for cloud computing services as vendors look to highskilled, high-security, low-cost locations.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Headline Expenditure Projections
- Computer hardware sales: RON2.9bn in 2013 to RON3.1bn in 2014, +8.9% in local currency terms. Desktop and notebook sales were below expectations in H113, but demand for tablets is helping to offset the decline in volumes.
- Software sales: RON807mn in 2013 to RON883mn in 2014, +9.4% in local currency terms. Piracy continues to hold back growth rates, but the enterprise resource planning (ERP) market is developing rapidly.
- IT Services Sales: RON1.143bn in 2013 to RON1.285bn in 2014, +12.4% in local currency terms. Romania is already a popular destination for outsourcing, and has potential to become an important regional cloud computing market.
Key Trends And Developments
Romania is one the most developed outsourcing destinations in Central and Eastern Europe, both in terms of scale and provision of more advanced services. Romania has attracted some of the biggest global IT vendors, including Microsoft - which created its biggest technical support centre in Europe in Bucharest - Oracle, HP, Wipro, Accenture, Intel and IBM. In 2013 further investments by Oracle and SAP reinforced Romania's position as an attractive destination through a combination of highly skilled local labour, EU policy umbrella and the cost advantages versus developed markets. It is not only global vendors that have benefited, with local firms such as SOFTWIN and SIVECO also seeing rapid growth, and in recent years begun expanding internationally. Both local vendors are included in the competitive environment for Romania's IT market.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Computer Technology research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Canada Information Technology Report Q1 2014
- Poland Information Technology Report Q1 2014
- South Africa Information Technology Report Q1 2014
- Venezuela Information Technology Report Q1 2014
- Turkey Information Technology Report Q2 2014
- Sweden Information Technology Report Q1 2014
- Colombia Information Technology Report Q1 2014
- Indonesia Information Technology Report Q1 2014
- Mexico Information Technology Report Q1 2014
- Hungary Information Technology Report Q1 2014