Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 02/05/2014 -- BMI View: Russia's telecoms market is doing well compared to its regional peers. There is a strong competitive dynamic between established operators, as well as a threat from smaller operators looking to increase their market share in the mobile sector. The fixed-line segment is declining at a slower rate than in neighbouring markets and the broadband market has expanded rapidly. Healthy competition and the demand for coverage provide good growth opportunities.
- There were net additions of 3.39mn in Q313, showing signs of slowing growth, but a massive improvement from the 90,000 loss in Q113.
- The latest data release from AC&M Consulting shows there were 21.8mn wireline broadband subscriptions at end-2012, up by 13.5% y-o-y, as the penetration rate reached 15.5%.
- FTTx subscriptions increased to 3.51mn at the end of September 2013, from 2.51mn a year earlier.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Key Trends And Developments
Rostelecom secured board approval to merge its mobile operations with Tele2. The merged entity, T2 RTK Holding, will control about 16% of the market by subscriptions, providing a greater challenge to the established players - MTS, Megafon and VimpelCom.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Fixed Networks research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Iran Telecommunications Report Q1 2014
- India Telecommunications Report Q1 2014
- South Africa Telecommunications Report Q1 2014
- Ireland Telecommunications Report Q1 2014
- Tanzania Telecommunications Report Q1 2014
- Mexico Telecommunications Report Q1 2014
- Japan Telecommunications Report Q1 2014
- Kenya Telecommunications Report Q1 2014
- Argentina Telecommunications Report Q1 2014
- Bahrain Telecommunications Report Q1 2014