Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 07/01/2014 -- Skin care products continued to perform well and reached R4.68 billion in 2012 up by 9% on the previous year. Mass products continue to perform well with leading market participants continually innovating. Promotions, discounting and advertising drove sales and growth as consumers continued to seek products with added value.
Unilever continues to dominate the South African skin care market with a value share of 25% in 2012. Avon ranked second with a share of 14%, followed by Beiersdorf of a share of 11%. Tiger brands and Johnson & Johnson both showed s value share of 8%.
Continuous innovation in the form of new product development will continue to act as a key driver of sales over the forecast period. Consumers will continue to demand quality and added value products with price sensitive mass consumers occasionally spending on aspirational brand. In-store product promotions and advertising will remain as prominent communication mediums with social media sites such as facebook, twitter and blogs playing an increasingly important role in marketing communication strategies. Value discounts will continue to intensify amongst leading market participants.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Skin Care industry in South Africa with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Skin Care industry in South Africa, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Skin Care in South Africa market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Skin Care in South Africa?
- What are the major brands in South Africa?
- In which facial care category are skin whitening benefits most pronounced?
- How are sales of mass versus premium anti-agers evolving?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
Product coverage: Body Care, Facial Care, Hand Care.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Consumer Goods research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- The Future of the Skincare Market in South Africa to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape
- Make-Up, Skin Care and Beauty Product Market in South Africa to 2017 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- The Future of the Skincare Market in South Africa to 2017
- Beauty and Personal Care in South Africa
- The Future of the Oral Hygiene Market in South Africa to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape
- The Future of the Oral Hygiene Market in South Africa to 2017
- Facial Care Market in South Africa to 2017
- Denture Care Market in South Africa: Market Profile to 2017
- The Future of the Make-up Market in South Africa to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape
- The Future of the Fragrances Market in South Africa to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape