Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 06/03/2014 -- Sweet and savoury snacks saw retail value sales growth of 5% to reach Won1,056 billion in 2013. All categories saw positive retail value sales growth in 2013, despite concerns over the high calorie content of products and the use of artificial additives. Extruded snacks remained the largest category in 2013, in accounting for a retail value sales share of 81%, while it also saw the most dynamic retail value sales growth of 5%. A number of brands in extruded snacks enjoy long standing popularity in South Korea and these continued to drive category performance in 2013.
Nong Shim Co Ltd remained the leading player in sweet and savoury snacks in South Korea in 2013, in accounting for a retail value sales share of 26%. The company has maintained this leading position for many years and it continued to offer a wide variety of brands across sweet and savoury snacks, which enjoyed strong distribution through major retailing channels. Brands such as Saewookang and Yangpa Ring have been available in South Korea for decades. Due to growing up with these brands, consumers aged 20-40 remained highly loyal to them.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Sweet and savoury snack sales in South Korea are expected to see a constant value CAGR of 1% over the forecast period. This positive growth is expected due to continuous popularity of extruded snacks, nuts, in line with increasing health-consciousness, sustainable popcorn sales, and the ongoing introduction of premium snacks by manufacturers over the forecast period.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Sweet and Savoury Snacks industry in South Korea with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Sweet and Savoury Snacks industry in South Korea, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Sweet and Savoury Snacks in South Korea market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Sweet and Savoury Snacks in South Korea?
- What are the major brands in South Korea?
- How are manufacturers leveraging health and wellness trends like reduced sugar or organic sourcing?
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Food research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- The Future of the Confectionery Market in South Africa to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape
- The Future of the Confectionery Market in South Korea to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape
- The Future of the Confectionery Market in South Korea to 2017
- The Future of the Confectionery Market in South Africa to 2017
- The Future of the Confectionery Market in South Africa to 2018
- The Future of the Confectionery Market in South Korea to 2018
- Sugar Confectionery Market in South Korea to 2016
- Sugar Confectionery Market in South Korea to 2017
- Sugar Confectionery Market in South Africa to 2017
- Confectionery Market in South Sudan: Databook to 2017