Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 04/15/2014 -- Super Absorbent Polymers Market by Type (Sodium Polyacrylate, Polyacrylate/Polyacrylamide Copolymer, & Others) & by Application (Baby Diapers, Adult Diapers, Women Sanitary Napkins, Agriculture, & Others) - Global Trends & Forecast to 2019
SAP crystals, sometimes called super absorbent polymer balls, water absorbing crystals or slush powder, have numerous practical applications. These typically are cross-linked acrylic homo-polymers (usually sodium neutralized). Diapers and hygiene product manufacturers use super absorbent polymers as the solidification medium in the products. In agriculture they are used to increase the water absorption and water retention in soils located in regions subject to drought. Hospitals utilize them to solidify and dispose-off bio-hazardous waste in suction canisters. Oil companies utilize them to solidify the liquid waste byproducts of oil and gas drilling, and mining. Acrylic Acid is the main consumed raw material for the super absorbent polymer products. The demand for super absorbent polymer is increasing and will continue to increase as the disposable income of the individuals are increasing and population pyramids in the Asia-Pacific and Middle East, Africa.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The report analyzes the global SAP market trends and forecasts till 2019. The market size estimations have been provided in terms of market value ($Million). The report also identifies prominent players and provides analysis for each player in terms of company overview, financials, products and services offered recent developments, and company strategy.
The global super absorbent polymer market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 5.5% from 2014 to 2019 to reach a value of $8.56 billion. The SAP used for baby diapers segment is growing at a CAGR of 5.2% and constitutes a significant part of the overall super absorbent polymer market. The market is expected to be pushed by bio-based SAP and increasing income levels, and rapidly growing baby diaper market in the emerging regions. Due to increasing population and income levels in Middle East, Africa and Asia-Pacific, especially in India and China, the emerging geographies are expected to register maximum growth.
The fastest growth in the super absorbent polymers market is expected to come from SAP used in construction, packaging, wire and cable, oil and gas, fire fighting which will continue to expand in the coming years. Expansions and new investments for SAP plants in the recent past have indicated that the industry is on its way to expand globally and global SAP suppliers are strengthening their presence in emerging markets.
All these factors, along with the growing diaper industry, will continue to drive the demand for SAP. However, the SAP industry will have to overcome challenges, such as the availability and price volatility of raw materials and changing health regulations, in order to meet the increasing demand from the growing diaper industry.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Materials research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Acrylic Acid & Its Derivatives Market - Global Trends & Forecast to 2018
- Electronic Chemicals & Materials Market - Regional Trends & Forecast to 2019
- Expanded Polystyrene (EPS) Market, by Applications (Building & Construction, Packaging & Others), & Geography (North America, West Europe, Asia-Pacific & Rest of the World) - Global Trends & Forecast to 2018
- Polymer Foam Market By Types, Applications & Geography - Global Trends & Forecasts to 2018
- Microfluidics Market By Materials (Polymers, Silicon, Glass), Pharmaceuticals (Microreactors, Toxicity Screening, Lab on Chip, Proteomic & Genomic Analysis) Drug Delivery Devices (Microneedles, Micropumps), IVD (POC) - Global Trends & Forecast to 2018
- Styrenics Market - Polystyrene (Expanded, GPPS), Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene, SBR, UPR - Global Trends & Forecasts to 2018
- Bio-Polyamide, Specialty Polyamide & Precursors Market - Global Trends & Forecasts to 2019
- Green Coatings Market - Global Trends & Forecast to 2018
- Advanced Wound Management Market to 2019 - Increasing Incidence of Diabetes Leading to Chronic Wounds in Emerging Countries will Drive Future Growth
- MediPoint: Diagnostic Ultrasound Imaging - Global Analysis and Market Forecasts