Lewes, DE -- (ReleaseWire) -- 04/11/2014 -- In This Report examines the cellular telematics value chain, analyzes the different business models and provides market forecast for the telematics industry globally. The report looks at the various market drivers and the main types of telematics applications, such as navigation, emergency services, diagnostics, PAYD and PHY insurance, and stolen vehicle recovery, focusing on the opportunities for MNOs to expand their role. Examples from around the globe are provided throughout the report.
- Telematics is one of the most dynamic and fastest growing segments of the cellular machine-to-machine market.
- The total number of telematics M2M SIMs have reached 37m in 2013, representing about 4% of all passenger cars. By our estimates, penetration of passenger cars will grow to 12% by 2018, with telematics M2M SIMs contributing more than 20% of all M2M SIMs.
- Europe will become the largest market in 2016, overtaking the US.
- Regulations are a key market driver, with legal requirements beginning to have an impact on the markets in Brazil, parts of Europe and Russia.
- Pay-as-you-drive and pay-how-you-drive are the key telematics-based insurance services, but increasingly insurers are adding more services, such as security and vehicle location services, which also lower their risks.
- Mobile operators have a number of ways in which they can increase their share of the value chain, including becoming telematics service providers, offering flexible billing options, building or acquiring system integration capabilities and leveraging their channels to market.
Browse this report: http://www.marketresearchreports.com/pyramid-research/mobile-operators-go-after-connected-car-opportunity-cellular-telematics-value-chain
This report by Publisher, provides a detailed analysis of the market for various M2M telematics services aimed at non-commercial cars and delivered over cellular networks. The report examines the cellular telematics value chain and the opportunities available to operators to expand their role in that value chain. It analyzes the different business models and provides market forecast for the telematics industry globally, evaluating the various market drivers and looking at how they differ between regions and especially between emerging and developed markets.
The report also examines the main types of telematics applications, such as navigation, emergency services, diagnostics, PAYD and PHYD insurance, and stolen vehicle recovery. focusing on the opportunities for MNOs to expand their role. Examples from around the globe are discussed at length throughout, including ATandT (in the US), GM On Star (US), Vodacom (South Africa), ERA GLONASS (Russia), eCall (Europe), Volvo, insurethebox (the UK), Generali and Telefónica (Spain), and the CONTRAN regulations (Brazil).
Historical figures for 2012 and 2013 as well as forecasts through 2018 are provided for the number of active telematics SIMs as well as for end-user telematics revenues, broken down by market segment and by region. The report concludes with a look at the opportunities of operators in the telematics value chain and growth expectations for the OEM, insurance and aftermarket segments.
Reasons To Buy
- This report provides the confidence to make the correct business decisions based on a detailed analysis of the current state of the cellular telematics market and its prospects. It looks specifically at opportunities in the passenger car market and not commercial vehicles.
- This report will give the user a thorough fact-based analysis with information about total demand broken down into three segments: the aftermarket, insurance and car manufacturers (OEMs).
- The market sizing and forecast section includes a regional breakdown, with five-year growth expectations across Africa and the Middle East, Asia, Europe, Latin America and North America.
- The analysts have placed a significant emphasis on the value chain, and the approaches operators are taking to increase their share of it beyond connectivity. They look at four specific ways in which different operators around the world are approaching the value chain.
- In each of these four approaches, we include examples of operators and their positioning in the value chain as well as more detailed snapshots of how operators are positioning themselves and how this relates to other complementary focus areas.
Spanning Over 67 pages and 52 Tables “Mobile Operators Go after the Connected Car Opportunity - Cellular Telematics Value Chain, Business Models and Market Forecast” report Provide Telematics services overview, Market drivers, Operator approaches, Market forecasts, Appendix. This Report Covered These Companies - ATandT, Chrysler, GM, Insurethebox, Porto Seguro, Royal Automobile Club, Sprint, State Farm Insurance, Telefónica , TIM, Verizon, Vodacom, Vodafone, Volvo.
Find other Automotive Reports at : http://www.marketresearchreports.com/automotive
About Market Research Reports, Inc.
Market Research Reports, Inc. is the world's leading source for market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest market research reports on global markets, key industries, leading companies, new products and latest industry analysis & trends.
For regular industry updates subscribe to our newsletter at: http://www.marketresearchreports.com/subscribe-to-newsletter
For Automotive report updates join us: http://www.linkedin.com/company/automotive-reports