Dallas, TX -- (ReleaseWire) -- 03/01/2012 -- This report examines the markets for contract manufacturing of finished dose forms and clinical quantity pharmaceuticals. The report forecasts CMO markets for the US, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, China, India, Other Asia, Latin America and the rest of the world to 2017. Drivers and restraints for each regional market as well as the global market are also examined.
Features and benefits
- Develop contract manufacturing strategies based on regional forecast performance and key industry trends.
- Analyze the strengths and weaknesses of global players in the CMO market.
- Evaluate the future outlook of clinical quantity manufacturing as against finished dose supply.
- Assess the effects of CROs and big pharma drugmakers on the CMO market.
- Forecast CMO market sizes by region to 2017.
In 2011, total global spending on outsourced drug manufacturing reached $31.9bn, having expanded at a double-digit pace over the past two decades. Over the next five years, the CMO industry will continue to record strong gains, with total revenues rising by 12.0% per year, on average.
In 2011, the US and Western Europe accounted for a combined $23.3bn in CMO revenues from services performed in these regions, representing 73% of total global CMO fees of $31.9bn. However, China, India, Eastern Europe, Latin America, and Other Asia regions will outpace the traditional manufacturing centres of the US and Western Europe.
In 2012 and 2013, drug manufacturers will be extremely cautious about investments in new technologies, equipment or facilities, preferring to outsource to established experts rather than incur heavy capital costs of building, expanding or upgrading their own internal capabilities, which will stimulate contract manufacturing.
Your key questions answered
- What factors are underpinning continued growth of the CMO market?
- Which regions will experience the greatest growth of CMO activity and how can sponsors optimize their work with CMOs in these areas?
- Between China and India, which has the greater potential for contract manufacturing to 2017?
- What are the leading players in each global region, and what are their recent activities?
- What is the potential of the Latin American and Eastern European CMO markets?
Request A Sample, Read Comprehensive Table of Contents and more for this report @ http://www.reportsnreports.com/reports/149648-the-cmo-market-outlook-to-2017.html. Contact email@example.com for further information.