Boca Raton, FL -- (ReleaseWire) -- 06/20/2014 -- The history of ancient Judaism, as it is written in Bible, is revealed in the Old Testament course, lead by Professor Amy-Jill Levine from Duke University. This course, offered by the Universal Life Church Academy contains multiple interesting topics and facts that include Ancient Israel’s religion, history, and literature.
Judaism is a religion that many people find interesting. It is described in the Holy Scripture and expresses the relationships between God and His children on the earth. The Jewish calendar contains some very important religious holidays that Jews strictly observe. These are:
- Rosh Hashanah - the Jewish New Year, which is a symbol of creation of the world and reminds Jews about the coming judgment day.
- Passover is a holiday, which origin dates back to the liberation of Israel from Egypt, described in the Biblical book of Exodus.
- Shavu'ot – known also as the Festival of Weeks is conducted a week after the Passover and celebrates giving the Law by God on Mount Sinai.
- Yom Kippur – the Day of Atonement, which is the holiest holiday of all. During this day, Jewish people fast, do not work and lift their prayers to God in the synagogue, repenting for their sins and asking God for mercy and purification.
- Sukkot - Feast of Tabernacles or Booths is a holiday that celebrates the joy of harvest. It takes place five days after Yom Kippur and during it, Jews build the so-called sukkahs, where they live and eat for the period of the holiday.
These and many other interesting facts about the ancient Judaism can be learned from the Old Testament Course. Those, who are interested in this course, may visit http://www.ulcnetwork.com/syllabus.html to find out the Universal Life Church Syllabus.
About The Universal Life Church Academy
The Universal Life Church Academy provides people all around the world with valuable lectures and courses that will help them prepare to be knowledgeable and successful God’s ministers.