Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 07/21/2014 -- Despite continuous efforts to heighten law enforcement by both government (in particular the Ministry of Health) and antismoking NGOs to reduce the number of smokers and the negative effects of smoking on the public health, unit volume of tobacco products continued to grow positively in 2012. Cigarettes continue to be the primary type of tobacco product in Indonesia, with other types of tobacco products not enjoying the same appeal and less regulated by the government. With the larger pack sizes posting stronger growth, total tobacco packaging's growth rate in 2012 was slightly lower than the growth rate in tobacco in volume size (by sticks as per Euromonitor International's research). Total tobacco packaging expanded by 6% in 2012 in unit terms to reach 41.5 billion units.
Tobacco packaging, despite the anticipated greater restrictions imposed on the industry, will continue to see positive growth over the forecast period. A slightly slower rate of 3% CAGR in the 2011-2016 period to reach 45.6 billion units by 2016 is expected. The rising unit volume is also supported by the migration of people who previously enjoyed hand-rolled cigarettes to now smoking machine-made cigarettes still primarily in the kretek blend. The latest tax excise increase issued by regulation no 167/PMK.11/2011 also discouraged hand-rolled cigarette consumers, as the percentage increase was higher in the lower segments.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Tobacco Packaging industry in Indonesia with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Tobacco Packaging industry in Indonesia, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Tobacco Packaging in Indonesia market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes in units and filled volumes
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the total unit volume of tobacco packaging in Indonesia?
- What are the major tobacco pack types in Indonesia?
- How is legislation impacting on cigarette pack size in Indonesia?
- How is consumer shift between soft and hard packs affecting the pack mix?
- What are the most dynamic pack types within tobacco?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
Product coverage: Cigarettes, Cigars, Smokeless Tobacco, Smoking Tobacco.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Manufacturing research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- The Future of the Tobacco and Tobacco Products Packaging Market in Singapore to 2017
- The Future of the Tobacco and Tobacco Products Packaging Market in Peru to 2017
- The Future of the Tobacco and Tobacco Products Packaging Market in Denmark to 2017
- The Future of the Tobacco and Tobacco Products Packaging Market in Hungary to 2017
- The Future of the Tobacco and Tobacco Products Packaging Market in Portugal to 2017
- The Future of the Tobacco and Tobacco Products Packaging Market in the UAE to 2017
- The Future of the Tobacco and Tobacco Products Packaging Market in New Zealand to 2017
- The Future of the Tobacco and Tobacco Products Packaging Market in Slovakia to 2017
- The Future of the Tobacco and Tobacco Products Packaging Market in the Czech Republic to 2017
- The Future of the Tobacco and Tobacco Products Packaging Market in Saudi Arabia to 2017