Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 08/04/2014 -- Outbound departures increased 13% to 1,156,000 trips in 2013 with spending rising 5% to US$988 million in current terms. The most popular destination for Ecuadorian travellers by far is the US, which at 395,000 trips captured 34% of all outbound departures. Following the US are Peru with 203,000 trips and Colombia with 108,000 trips. The popularity of the US as an outbound destination is mainly due to the high number of Ecuadorian immigrants living in the US. Many of these expatriate Ecuadorians have relatives who still live in Ecuador and many of them take the opportunity to visit their friends and family in the US. Regional destinations, including Peru and Colombia but also destinations like Panama and Argentina, perform well because they tend to be less expensive than transoceanic trips, for example to Europe or Asia.
Outbound travel will continue to perform well over the forecast period, with trips growing at a CAGR of 9% over the forecast period. Australia is becoming an increasingly popular destination, although growing from a small base, with trips growing at a CAGR of 20%. Canada and Mexico will also see significant growth, with outbound trips increasing at a CAGR of 16% and 13%, respectively. The US will see the most absolute growth, increasing by 407,041 trips by 2018. Brazil will also be a popular destination, in particular in 2014 for the World Cup and again in 2016 for the Olympics, but this is not reflected in the CAGR as in non-event years, growth will be much more moderate.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Tourism Flows Outbound industry in Ecuador with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Tourism Flows Outbound industry in Ecuador, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Tourism Flows Outbound in Ecuador market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation
- Historic volumes and values
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Tourism Flows Outbound in Ecuador?
- How big is outbound travel in terms of departures and spending?
- Which international destinations are the most popular?
- What are main methods of transport for travelling abroad?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
Product coverage: Departures By Country, Departures by Mode of Transport, Departures By Purpose Of Visit.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Consumer Goods research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Tourism Flows Outbound in Finland
- Tourism Flows Outbound in Denmark
- Tourism Flows Outbound in Poland
- Travel and Tourism in France to 2017
- Tourism Flows Outbound in China
- Tourism Flows Outbound in Slovakia
- Travel and Tourism in Denmark to 2017
- Travel and Tourism in China to 2017
- Tourism Flows Outbound in Turkey
- Tourism Flows Outbound in Hungary