Cupertino, CA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 07/30/2014 -- Ultriva, Inc., provider of cloud-based supply chain execution software, has been helping customers establish E2E (End to End) pull processes for the past decade. The underlying methodology used to set up the pull process is collaborative Kanban. By engaging with customers such as Original Equipment Manufacturers, distribution centers, retail channels, and end-user customers, manufacturers are gaining better control over downstream demand. Ultriva allows clients to quickly sense the changes in demand and adjust production schedules to minimize redundant finished goods inventory.
E2E pull-based supply chain management allows manufacturers to engage more fully with customers, distribution centers, retail channels and end user customers. Manufacturers gain visibility into and control over downstream demand. Basing production on real demand and moving suppliers from forecast to consumption-driven replenishment delivers multiple benefits:
- Manufacturers quickly sense the changes in demand and adjust production schedules to minimize redundant finished goods inventory.
- An E2E pull-based system manages each production loop for lot size, lead times, safety stock and usage, dramatically reducing the production disruptions that lead to stock-outs.
- E2E pull provides a customer’s consumption patterns and the trend analysis to determine a customer’s future requirements. E2E pull allows companies to design a supply chain and feed forecasting inputs with granular data at the execution level.
- E2E pull delivers visibility into material flows across multiple departments, including planning, purchasing, supply chain, sales, manufacturing, logistics, and executives.
- E2E pull enables manufacturers to balance supply with customer demand through procurement strategies, materials, and inventory policies tied to actual demand signals.
- E2E pull brings numerous positive effects including optimized finished goods, WIP, and raw materials inventories. There are also significant reductions in production disruptions, which lead to improved customer service satisfaction levels.
Ultriva’s (http://www.ultriva.com) cloud-based platform leverages and seamlessly integrates with leading ERP and MRP systems, to deliver an end to end pull based replenishment solution. Ultriva, based in Cupertino, CA, implements a global demand driven manufacturing model by providing full visibility, scheduling, and sequencing of production of customer orders. Ultriva was named one of the Great Supply Chain Projects of 2014 by Supply & Demand Chain Executive magazine. The company’s global footprint is increasing rapidly with implementations in wide variety of industry sectors and enterprises such as Magellan Aerospace, CareFusion, Emerson, Ingersoll Rand, McKesson, Triumph Group, Regal Beloit, Thermo Fisher and more. Follow Ultriva on Twitter at @Ultriva.