“Eels slither out of their commitments, philander on their wives, lie shamelessly, and usually get away with it,” said Rubin. “They’ll gloss over your concerns with smooth talk, but their actions reveal their true selves.”
According to Rubin, the Trouser Trout is a keeper, while men who make women’s lives miserable are Other Fish in the Sea to be tossed back as soon as possible.
“Representative Weiner is no Trouser Trout, but it’s up to his constituents to decide if they want to toss him out of Congress,” said Rubin.
Other Fish in the Sea include:
- Carp (constant complainers)
- Clams (inaccessible men)
- Clown Fish (colorful critics)
- Crabs (unpleasant men)
- Blowfish (egotistical farts)
- Bottom Feeders (abusers)
- Eels (slippery smoothies)
- Flying Fish (manic maniacs)
- Octopus (smothering invertebrates)
- Piranhas and Lampreys (predators)
- Sea Slugs (couch potatoes)
- Trash Fish (generally unacceptable)
- Urchins (helpless invertebrates)
Is your guy a keeper? Take the quiz at http://trousertrout.net/ to see where a man lands in the spectrum of Trouser Trout to Other Fish in the Sea! Enter your name and email to download the quiz!
A Girl’s Pocket Guide to Trouser Trout – a humorous how-to guide for landing a good catch – illuminates the murky waters of the dating pool with insights inspired by fly-fishing techniques and advice. The book has information on the types of trout and Other Fish in the Sea, quality streams to fish (good places to meet good men), leader lines to cast (conversation openers), and natural, artificial, and exotic lures to utilize.
Gail Rubin is a trouser trout angling expert with 30 years of experience. After a “catch-and-release” first marriage and 14 years of treading water in the dating pool, she landed her trophy trout and married her second husband in 2000. During her angling career, she dated many swell trouser trout as well as plenty of blowfish, crabs and urchins. She knows, from personal experience, what puts the “ick” in ichthyology.
Other press releases from G/R/P/R
- Funny Funeral Films Can Start Serious Conversations - November 10th, 2011
- A Good Goodbye is a New Mexico Book Awards Finalist in Five Categories - November 8th, 2011
- The Newly-Dead Game Puts the "Fun" in Funeral Planning - November 7th, 2011
- Lessons from 30 Funerals in 30 Days - November 3rd, 2011
- Unusual Funerals Chronicled on The Family Plot Blog - October 19th, 2011
Contact InformationGail Rubin
P.O. Box 36987
Albuquerque, NM 87176-6987