West Chester, PA, February 4, 2011 — Shootmyash®, a software publisher and manufacturer of smart-targets known as a “SmartAsh” for the Airsoft market, announced today that it is open for business.
Shootmyash General Manager, Conor Gilbreath, stated, “From a simple idea in the fall of 2010 while shooting at conventional targets with a replica AK-47, to custom electronics, software and first customers in 2011 of an interactive target system we developed, a lot has happened. We have basically transformed hardwoods like ash into a wireless interactive Web application. We layer heavy weapon gun sounds, other sound effects and voice overlays for scoring and training exercises. Target practice is on a new level and more collaborative than ever.
“We are in limited production and expect to deliver units in March. We seek to get to know dealers and distributors initially in all English countries and include points in Europe and Japan where Airsoft activity is high.”
Airsoft is a hobby or sport that uses replica firearms to shoot small plastic pellets around six millimeters in diameter. Common uses for Airsoft are competitive gaming (similar to paintball), military simulations, target shooting, military training, and recreation. While similar in operation to BB guns, Airsoft guns use lightweight (usually) plastic projectiles (BBs) 6mm in diameter instead of metallic 4.5mm BBs. Airsoft guns also typically have a muzzle velocity of less than 180 m/s (600 ft/s), compared to a BB gun, which may have a muzzle velocity of 365 m/s (1200 ft/s) or more. The combination of the lighter BB projectile and the reduced muzzle velocity means that Airsoft is generally considered safe when used in a controlled environment and with safety equipment like protective eyewear. (Ref. Wikipedia – http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airsoft)
Other press releases from Shootmyash
- Shootmyash Adds Bang to “Rock, Paper, Scissors” with New Live, Multi-Shooter Airsoft Targeting Application - January 9th, 2013
- Shootmyash Co-Hosts Law Enforcement Event – Bridging the Gap between Policy and Practice - October 15th, 2012
- Shootmyash Introduces Leaderboard and Five New Apps for Airsoft Target Competitions - July 11th, 2012
- Shootmyash at USAirsoft Expo 2012 – Weekend of Heroes - May 14th, 2012
- Shootmyash Introduces ‘Killer’ App for Airsoft Targeting - February 17th, 2012
Contact InformationConor Gilbreath
Phone: 615 669 2741