Author Links His Experience Growing up in the Depression to Current Economic Climate
“Children throughout the world are influenced by their parents, our political leaders and leaders of other countries and their laws,” says Porillo. “In essence, they are influenced by the evils of our world.”
In “Sins of the Fathers: Suffer Not the Children,” Porillo illustrates his experience growing up in a large family during the Great Depression, and how his siblings worked hard to survive and grew into compassionate adults due to parental nurturing. Porillo writes that in contrast to his own empowering childhood, children today are not equipped with adequate tools to cope with pitfalls in life and therefore suffer. He writes that while children are still in early learning and development, positive reinforcement should be exercised rather than stress-based actions from parents, political leaders and peers.
Porillo emphasizes key points in “Sins of the Fathers: Suffer Not the Children”:
- Children suffer from a lack of necessary love and affection from their parents, especially from fathers.
- The current economic downturn forces many stressed and anxiety-ridden parents to unleash their negativity on children.
- Corruption and greed of political leaders creates unfair laws affecting children.
- Turning to God and prayer is the easiest way to comfort and overcome problems.
Joseph Porillo spent his childhood in a culturally diverse neighborhood in Syracuse, N.Y. during the Great Depression with nine other children. After his discharge from the Marine Corps, Porillo attended college and majored in production management and accounting. Now retired, Porillo is active with local theater and singing for various audiences. He is proud to have wonderful children and grandchildren.
“Sins of the Fathers: Suffer Not the Children”
ISBN: 9781438989808 – 6 x 9 – Paperback – 176 pages – $11.99
Other press releases from AuthorHouse
- ‘Dingle, The Helpful Ice Cream Cone Delivery Dog’: New Children’s Book Celebrates Helpful Attitude, Determination - July 15th, 2010
- Murder, Intrigue and Humor Combine in New Novel - July 15th, 2010
- Real Dracula Was A Savior to Many - July 14th, 2010
- When a Pet Harms an Infant: The Other Side of a Tragic Story - July 13th, 2010
- ‘The Story of Me’: The True Story of Prevailing Over Despair for a Second Chance at Happiness - July 13th, 2010
Contact InformationPromotional Services Department
Phone: 1-888-728-8467 ext. 5507