Says Tech Analyst Jeff KaganAtlanta, GA, July 26, 2011 — Sprint Nextel may be in the fight for their life with the AT&T and T-Mobile merger, but they also now have a unique growth opportunity. Both AT&T and Verizon have dropped their unlimited wireless data plans. Sprint still offer’s theirs. This is the perfect opportunity for it to win all the customers who previously loved the unlimited plans, but who are now being charged more.
Unlimited plans were a relatively new offering. They started a few years ago when the Apple iPhone and Google Android were introduced.
That’s when all the carriers introduced their unlimited plans. Now AT&T and Verizon have pulled them off the market.
Sprint however still has their unlimited plan and intends to keep it as long as possible.
Sprint has a competitive advantage over AT&T and Verizon. Sprint should advertise and market their unlimited plans like there is no tomorrow.
Sprint does not offer the Apple iPhone yet, but that may be just a matter of time. They do offer the Google Android and many others so there should be no problem really growing rapidly if they play this right.
So will we see Sprint really ratchet up their advertising and marketing trying to win more of the smart phone market with their unlimited plans? We’ll see.
770 579 5810
Other press releases from Jeff Kagan
- Apple iPhone Sales Weaker Than Expected | Jeff Kagan Industry Analyst - January 14th, 2013
- Will FACEBOOK Launch Phone This Week? | Jeff Kagan Industry Analyst - January 13th, 2013
- Nokia Not Out of Woods Yet | Jeff Kagan Wireless Analyst - January 10th, 2013
- Why Microsoft Windows 8 Holiday Sales Were Soft, Jeff Kagan Tech Analyst - January 5th, 2013
- Sprint Nextel Acquiring Clearwire for Wireless Data | Jeff Kagan Industry Analyst - December 17th, 2012
Contact InformationJeff Kagan
Title: Tech Analyst
PO Box 670562
Marietta, GA 30066
Phone: 770 579 5810