Now Lowell McAdam Is Up To Bat as New CEO
I have gotten to know Ivan and can genuinely say he is one of the best CEO’s in the business. He is both one of the most effective and one of the nicest people in the industry.
He has been with the company forever, and grew Verizon from a simple local phone company in the 1990’s to a powerhouse of local and long distance telephone, wireless, Internet and now television.
He helped Verizon become a leader in the changing industry. He updated the brand. His employees, executives, customers, partners, and investors all seem to respect him and that is an amazing accomplishment.
Now it is Lowell McAdam’s turn to lead Verizon into the next generation. Typically when a company changes CEO’s there is uncertainty. And yes there is plenty of uncertainty in the industry today.
However in this case, these two have worked closely together for many years so at this point I am comfortable saying I think Verizon will continue on the healthy growth path under McAdam.
Ivan is sticking around as Chairman so he won’t be far. It will be interesting to watch the industry continue its dynamic shift and to watch Verizon’s role in that transformation.
Just like wireless, telecom, Internet and television look completely different from ten years ago, it will look just as different in the next ten years. That’s the huge opportunity and challenge ahead.
Well done Ivan. Batter up Lowell.
770 579 5810
Other press releases from Jeff Kagan
- Apple iPhone Sales Weaker Than Expected | Jeff Kagan Industry Analyst - January 14th, 2013
- Will FACEBOOK Launch Phone This Week? | Jeff Kagan Industry Analyst - January 13th, 2013
- Nokia Not Out of Woods Yet | Jeff Kagan Wireless Analyst - January 10th, 2013
- Why Microsoft Windows 8 Holiday Sales Were Soft, Jeff Kagan Tech Analyst - January 5th, 2013
- Sprint Nextel Acquiring Clearwire for Wireless Data | Jeff Kagan Industry Analyst - December 17th, 2012
Contact InformationJeff Kagan
Title: Tech Analyst
PO Box 670562
Marietta, GA 30066
Phone: 770 579 5810