Joanna Bradshaw shares the stories of her lifetime - the obstacles that she struggled to overcome and the joy that she experienced breaking through the glass ceiling of the retail industry
Joanna “Jody” Bradshaw was one of the enterprising pioneers of the 60s and 70s who maintained the belief that women belonged in the workplace. She became the first female corporate vice president of Macy’s department store and later a highly successful turnaround executive in the retail industry.
Bradshaw’s first book, “Jody,” is a look back at the last 70 years of her life. Bradshaw takes her readers on a journey from her privileged childhood, beginning in Manhattan, through her college years at Mt. Holyoke and her decades of retail reign. She shares the stories of her personal successes – her opportunities to travel the world as a home furnishings merchandiser and her relationships with some of the country’s leading retail icons, including her first mentor and former Chairman of Bloomingdale’s, Marvin Traub.
The stories of Bradshaw’s personal tragedies, including two painful divorces, are laid bare, as well. She weaves all of her tales together with a thread of very real human emotion.
Bradshaw hopes that her book will be an intriguing insight into the last five decades of retail history, as well as an inspiration for young women who continue to struggle in male-dominated industries.
Further details and ordering information can be found at: http://www.authorhouse.com/BookStore/ItemDetail.aspx?bookid=62062
(When requesting a review copy, please provide a street address.)
Other press releases from AuthorHouse
- ‘Dingle, The Helpful Ice Cream Cone Delivery Dog’: New Children’s Book Celebrates Helpful Attitude, Determination - July 15th, 2010
- Murder, Intrigue and Humor Combine in New Novel - July 15th, 2010
- Real Dracula Was A Savior to Many - July 14th, 2010
- When a Pet Harms an Infant: The Other Side of a Tragic Story - July 13th, 2010
- ‘The Story of Me’: The True Story of Prevailing Over Despair for a Second Chance at Happiness - July 13th, 2010
Contact InformationLindsey Landis, Author Solutions