Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 10/31/2012 -- GBI Research, the leading business intelligence provider has released its latest research report, "Biopharmaceutical Manufacturing in India, China and South Korea - Regulatory Framework, Infrastructure Support and Discovery Funding Create an Environment Conducive to Growth". The report provides an analysis of biopharmaceuticals approved in 2010 and 2011, operating dynamics in the biopharmaceutical industry, the current scenario in biopharmaceutical manufacturing, key stakeholders, the current market size (2011) of biopharmaceuticals, and forecasts to 2016 for India, China, South Korea and the global market. The report also presents trends witnessed in biopharmaceutical manufacturing, preferred partnership pricing models, contract manufacturing partnerships, comparative analysis of biopharmaceutical manufacturing in India, China and South Korea, and the competitive landscape for the countries covered in the report.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
This report is built using data and information sourced from proprietary databases, primary and secondary research, and in-house analysis from GBI Research's team of industry experts.
Leading Contract Manufacturing Organizations (CMOs) offer manufacturing functions both upstream and downstream equally. In addition to manufacturing in biopharmaceutical production, they also offer clinical trials, logistics, packaging, and even marketing. According to industry experts, almost 60% of the CMO market is dominated by manufacturing functions, out of which more than 50% is dominated by the downstream process. Many pharmaceutical companies are expected to outsource most parts of their R&D and biopharmaceutical manufacturing to emerging economies such as India and China. Cost rationalization and skilled labor are the main factors facilitating the outsourcing of processes to these countries. Contract manufacturing is experiencing an upsurge in these countries; outsourcing activities for biopharmaceutical manufacturing include secondary manufacturing such as fill and finish operations, mammalian cell culture, Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient (API) biologics, microbial fermentation and plant cells. Outsourcing analyses by pharmaceutical companies reveal that product characterization testing such as biomanufacturing, toxicity, bioassays and analytical testing form the bulk of outsourcing to CMOs. With the increase in outsourcing, biomanufacturing capacities in emerging economies have been expanding. Although the US continues to be a leader in biopharmaceutical production, with approximately 45% of the total production share, China's and India's shares have been continuously increasing, with 8% and 7% respectively. Sponsors are building strategic relationships with the contract players and progressively working towards homogenizing and simplifying manufacturing processes in order to ensure normalized products.
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Beijing SL Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd., Beijing Tiantan Biological Products Co., Ltd., Biocon Ltd., Celltrion, Cipla, Dr. Reddy's, Green Cross, Hanwha Chemical, Hualan Biological Engineering Co., Ltd., ISU Abxis, LG Life Sciences, Lupin, Panacea Biotec Ltd, Serum Institute of India Ltd., Shanghai Kehua Biological Engineering Co., Ltd., Shanghai RAAS Blood Products Co., Ltd.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Pharmaceuticals research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Global Clinical Trial Market (2007 - 2010) (Key Therapeutic Categories, Country Wise Metrics & Regulatory Approval Framework)
- Biosimilars in Developed Countries - Launch of Biosimilar mAbs in Europe and New Regulatory Pathways in the US to Spur Market Growth
- Biosimilars Approval Pathways in the US and Europe - Development and Approval of Biosimilar mABs May Face Tough Regulatory Environment
- Healthcare, Regulatory and Reimbursement Landscape - South Korea
- Stem Cell Research Market to 2017 - Strong Pipeline, High Unmet Needs in Chronic Diseases and Favorable Government Policies to Boost Stem Cell R&D
- Emerging Pharmaceutical Market in South Africa to 2017 - Proposed Introduction of New Drug Regulatory Agency (SAHPRA) to Accelerate Drug Registration Process
- Business Opportunities in Energy Infrastructure Construction in BRIC
- Construction in South Africa - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016
- Construction in South Korea - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016
- Market Opportunities and Emerging Trends in the Prepaid Card Market in Sub-Saharan Africa