Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 05/15/2014 -- The migraine market is saturated with generic drugs, and the remaining branded products already on the market are expected to lose exclusivity during the next few years, with the exception of Botox for chronic migraine, which is expected to maintain its leading position in terms of sales. However, reformulations of mature products as well as new classes of therapies are anticipated to launch during the forecast period and these will contribute to the market growth. By 2023, the migraine market will grow to $3.7 billion at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.6%, with the US continuing to dominate the market as a result of higher drug prices and a large migraine population. Some of the new treatments are expected to target the key unmet needs but opportunities will remain for further treatment choices especially drugs that will offer an improved safety and side-effects profile.
Onabotulinum toxins are produced by the bacterium Clostridium botulinum, which was first isolated in 1895. They are potent inhibitors of neurotransmission between neurons themselves and also to muscle. Out of the seven subtypes of onabotulinum toxin (A-G), onabotulinum neurotoxin type A is the most commonly used and thoroughly investigated subtype. Onabotulinum toxin type A is currently marketed as Botox by Allergan. In recent years, Botox has gained a great deal of attention and has gained FDA (2010) as well as MHRA (2013) approval as treatment for chronic migraine.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
- Overview of Migraine, including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
- Detailed information on Botox including product description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
- Sales forecast for Botox for the top five countries from 2012 to 2023.
- Sales information covered for the US, Germany, Italy, Spain and the UK.
Reasons to Get This Report
- Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely to ensure a robust return
- Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing competitive landscape for Migraine
- Effectively plan your M&A and partnership strategies by identifying drugs with the most promising sales potential
- Make more informed business decisions from insightful and in-depth analysis of Botox performance
- Obtain sales forecast for Botox from 2012-2023 in the top five countries (the US, Germany, Italy, Spain and the UK)
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Pharmaceuticals research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- PharmaPoint: Migraine - 5EU Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2023
- PharmaPoint: Migraine - US Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2023
- PharmaPoint: Migraine - Japan Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2023
- Triptans (Migraine) - Forecast and Market Analysis to 2023
- Levadex (Migraine) - Forecast and Market Analysis to 2023
- Lasmiditan (Migraine) - Forecast and Market Analysis to 2023
- MK-1602 (Migraine) - Forecast and Market Analysis to 2023
- RHB-103 (Migraine) - Forecast and Market Analysis to 2023
- Zecuity (Migraine) - Forecast and Market Analysis to 2023
- SUD-001 (Migraine) - Forecast and Market Analysis to 2023