Tampa, FL -- (ReleaseWire) -- 04/03/2014 -- Celebrity Dummies, located on the web at http://www.celebritydummies.com , offers a complete collection of vintage ventriloquist dummies that have been loved throughout the ages. Now, the company is taking its collection online with a new website that highlights the incredible versatility of form represented by the ventriloquist doll. The complete lineup of celebrity ventriloquist dummies can be seen at celebritydummies.com
Furthermore, the new website hopes to educate both young and old people about some of the fascinating history behind the ventriloquist doll in its blog located at blog.celebritydummies.com . Each post discusses a famous ventriloquist character such as:
- Bozo the Clown. This famous red-haired clown came to life in the 1940s as part of a children's record and book series.
- Charlie McCarthy. Created by comedian Edgar Bergen, Charlie McCarthy may well be the most famous ventriloquist dummy of all time.
- Danny O'Day. The creation of Jimmy Nelson, Danny O'Day is remembered fondly by a generation of grownups as their introduction to Nestle chocolate from his work in commercials.
- Emmett Kelly, Jr. The face of Emmett Kelly, Jr., is what many people think of when they hear the words "sad clown."
- Groucho Marx. His sizzling one-liners and razor-sharp wit earned this famous Marx brother a place in history.
- Howdy Doody. With his red hair and 48 freckles, this famous marionette entertained children for generations with his sidekick Buffalo Bob Smith.
- Lester. Famous sidekick of Willie Tyler, Lester has made a name for himself with his unique brand of humor.
- Mortimer Snerd. Created by Edgar Bergen for his radio show in the 1930s and 1940s, Mortimer Snerd remains an iconic symbol of a simpler, fun-filled time.
- Slappy Dummy. Created by author R.L. Stine who claims that Slappy was his favorite of all his characters, Slappy brings happiness wherever he goes.
- W.C. Fields. This comedian is famous for several of his one-liners, but he was originally a juggler. This doll commemorates once of comedy's greats.
Each of these famous dolls have been made for decades and has a unique and fascinating history.
Celebrity Dummies is pleased to be the web's greatest resource on information about vintage ventriloquist dummies as well as the very best source for purchasing these dolls as part of a collection or even as a gift for a child or grandchild. Celebrity Dummies offers the most complete collection of vintage "dummies" to be found on the Internet and sells these dolls at prices that make them a great gift option.
About Celebrity Dummies
Celebrity Dummies is a website devoted to collecting information and offering vintage models of ventriloquist dummies.
For More Information:
3659 Coopers Pond Drive, Suite 102
Tampa, FL 33614