Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 06/02/2014 -- Cell-based Assays Market by Product [Reagents & Assay Kits (Cytotoxicity, GPCR), Cell lines, Plate Readers, HCS, HTS, Software & Assay Development Services], Application (Drug Discovery, ADMET), End-user (Pharmaceutical, CRO) - Global Forecast to 2018
The market for cell-based assays is driven by the preference over biochemical assays and animal models and the emergent 3D cell-based assay techniques in cell-based assays
There has been a substantial rise in the costs to develop a new drug in recent years. This is specially observed when a new compound enters animal testing. The use of animals in experimentation is becoming dearer, due to limitations such as high costs involved in breeding and acquisition of animals, due to the complexity of procedures involved in the in vivo testing, and several other ethical issues and legal issues associated with it. Moreover the traditional biochemical assays also posses many limitations. To counteract these issues there has been a paradigm shift towards the use of cell-based assays.
The consumables formed the largest product segment of the total cell-based assays market in 2013, which includes assay kits and reagents, microplates and cell lines. The largest contribution of consumables was attributed to the large volume market of reagents and assay kits; where most of the innovation is taking place. Drug discovery was the most prominent application of cell-based assays. Within drug discovery, lead identification and optimization accounted for the largest share in 2013. With respect to end users, the pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies commanded the largest share in 2013. These industries are focusing on screening extensive libraries of compounds that could become leads for potential drug candidates. The screening process has helped the pharmaceutical companies to run more cost and time efficient methods.
For accurate results, the low cost label-free technology in cell based assays has emerged as a momentous technology that has been driving the growth of cell-based assay market. With the advancement in the cell stem cell culture, induced pluripotent stem cells will be emerging in near future. With the increasing demand of emergent 3D cell-based assay, it is estimated to be the fastest growing technology in the next five years.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Biotechnology research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Cell Analysis Market - Global Forecast to 2018
- In-Vitro Toxicology/ Toxicity Testing Market - Global Forecast to 2018
- Protein Expression Market - Global Forecast to 2018
- Pharmaceutical Membrane Filtration Market - Trends & Forecast to 2018
- High Throughput Screening (HTS) Market - Forecast to 2018
- Immunoassay Market [Technology (Enzyme, Fluorescent, Chemiluminescence, Radioimmunoassay), Analyzers & Reagents, Applications (Infectious Diseases, Cancer, Endocrinology, Cardiology), End Users (Hospitals, Laboratory, Academics)] - Global Forecast to 2018
- Genomics Market by Products - [Instruments (NGS platform, Microarray, RT-PCR), Consumables (Genechips, Reagents for DNA Extraction & Purification, Sequencing)], Services (Sequencing & Microarray Services, and Software) - Global Forecast to 2018
- Identity and Access Management (IAM) Market [(On Premise, Cloud IAM), By Components (Provisioning, Directories, SSO, Advanced Authentication, Password Management, Audit, Compliance & Governance)] - Global Advancements, Forecast & Analysis (2013-2018)
- Commercial Aviation Aircraft Windows & Windshields Market, Forecast & Analysis (2013 - 2018)
- Global Wi-Fi Market [Indoor Wi-Fi; Outdoor Wi-Fi; Transportation Wi-Fi]: Global Advancements, Business Models, Market Forecasts & Analysis (2013 - 2018)