Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 01/07/2014 -- China's High-Temperature Reactor (HTR) program aims to increase domestic nuclear power capacity and nuclear reactor exports. HTRs are modular, highly efficient, and passively safe, and will allow China to be one of the first few countries to have fourth-generation reactors.
The Fukushima disaster raised serious concerns regarding the safety of nuclear reactors across the globe, and China decided to temporarily halt the construction of all of its in-land nuclear reactors as a result. In an industry where safety is of paramount importance, the introduction of safe fourth-generation reactors can help to alleviate public concern regarding nuclear power and project China as a leader in nuclear technology. The country aims to operate its first HTR by 2017.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
China also hopes to export its HTR technology to other countries, particularly nations that do not currently operate any nuclear reactors. HTRs mitigate the need for huge capital investment in the construction of nuclear reactors due to their modular nature, and so China expects to secure several contracts in the near future. China has initiated dialogue with countries such as Cambodia, South Africa and the United Arab Emirates to export its HTR technology.
- The report focuses on the Chinese High Temperature Reactor (HTR) development Program
- Identifies the key factors supporting the development of HTRs
- Details the benefits of HTR development to China
Reasons to Get This Report
- Understand the various factors favoring the development of HTRs in China
- Understand the benefits of HTRs to China
- Understand the benefits of HTRs against traditional nuclear plants
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Energy research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Nuclear Power in the US, Market Outlook to 2025, 2013 Update - Capacity, Generation, Deployment Trends, Investments, Power Plants, Regulations, and Company Profiles
- Nuclear Power in China, Market Outlook to 2025, 2013 Update - Capacity, Generation, Deployment Trends, Investments, Power Plants, Regulations, and Company Profiles
- Global Nuclear Power Deployment - New-build Market, Policy Analysis, International Cooperation, Competitive Landscape and Key Country Analysis to 2025
- Power Markets in Emerging Economies - Market Outlook, Capacity and Generation, Opportunities and Challenges to 2020
- Emerging Power Markets in South and Central America to 2020 - Changing Competitive Dynamics and Clean Energy Investments Position Brazil and Mexico as Regional Leaders
- Power Markets in Western Europe to 2020 - Development of a Fully Integrated and Liberalized Electricity Market System to Increase Competitiveness and Improve Efficiency in the Region
- Plant Life Extension (PLEX) and Plant Life Management (PLIM) for Nuclear Reactors - Global Market Size, Competitive Landscape and Key Country Analysis to 2025
- Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited - Power - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Korea Hydro & Nuclear Power Co, Ltd. - Alternative Energy - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Tokyo Electric Power Company, Inc. (9501) - Alternative Energy - Deals and Alliances Profile